• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wesley's not moving/ UD post 16

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(

He is refusing to move at all :cry:

The same thing happened several weeks ago as he was getting a lot of pain in his leg. He has been on pain relief constantly since but its still happened again.

Last time the vet gave us the option of amputation as a last resort, but was concerned it wouldn't be successful due to changes in his spine.

We are already at a new vet first thing in the morning with Nancy and Toby so had to make an appointment for later on to give us time to travel back. It is going to be a worrying day :(

Last edited:
ah im really sorry to hear your not having an easy time :( i think the work you do is fantastic, i take my hat off to you. sending vibes to you all. X

Lots of vibes for all three buns tomorrow. I hope the vet can help Wesley to be comfortable again. xx

Come on Wesley:cry: Aw Liz I am so sorry good luck for tommorrow sending many positive vibes for all your little furries:love:

Poor Wesley.

I hope it turns out to be something simpler, like tweaking his pain meds, rather than an amputation.

Hope it goes ok at the new vets

Poor Wesley.

I hope it turns out to be something simpler, like tweaking his pain meds, rather than an amputation.

Hope it goes ok at the new vets

TBH I don't think I would ever opt for amputation for him, neither us or the vet really feel it would be successful but she felt she had to offer us the option

The only other possibility is that he needs another dental, but if I take the food to him he does eat it, but he wont come over and take it himself :?

Poor Wesley! :( Hope the vet can help. He has the same problem as your Bridge Bunny, Tegan, I think, and I remember you deciding amputation wasn't an option for her. Good luck with all three buns tomorrow.

Poor Wesley! :( Hope the vet can help. He has the same problem as your Bridge Bunny, Tegan, I think, and I remember you deciding amputation wasn't an option for her. Good luck with all three buns tomorrow.

Yes he has. We couldn't amputate with tegan as her spine was very twisted and curved and she was putting lots of weight on her bad leg. If we had removed it she would have fallen permanently to the side, there is chance the same thing would happen to Wesley, although at the moment his spine doesn't appear as deformed as Tegan's was.

Wesley has seen the vet and they have confirmed it is more pain in his leg.

We are going to have to increase his metacam, but he is already on 0.4ml x2 daily and he only weighs 1.2kg :?

We are then going to try acupuncture for him. If that doesn't work our options are very limited for him. Amputation was discussed again, but the vets would be very reluctant to try this, so we are putting all our hopes in the acupuncture....

Back