• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

to young to be neuterd???

loulabell

Warren Scout
hi r/u
im just after some re assurance, my little boy bun toby is going into be neuterd tommorow and im worried coz hes only just 17 weeks old and seems really little to be going through an op. :( my vet has checked his bits have dropped and weighed him etc.. and is happy to do the op but im really worried! anyone else had a bun done this young? X

i had my boy done at 14 weeks, and prior to him mowgli was also done at 14weeks, as long as bunny wieghs at least 1kg vets will neuter the bunny, im sure he'll be fine :wave:

My Biccy was done at 15-16 weeks (i cant actually remember :oops:)

How much does your little man weigh, do you know?

i had my boy done at 14 weeks, and prior to him mowgli was also done at 14weeks, as long as bunny wieghs at least 1kg vets will neuter the bunny, im sure he'll be fine :wave:

thank you he just seems so small! im probaly worrying to much.

My Biccy was done at 15-16 weeks (i cant actually remember :oops:)

How much does your little man weigh, do you know?

im not sure of his weight, the vet took him out the back to weigh him, when i asked the vet if he has to be a certain weight he said "not really its more to do with both testicles being there".

if his bits have dropped then as far as i know he is ready, as thats what they wait for isnt it?

I had Harvey done at 9 weeks :) and by the afternoon it was as if nothing happened. I have had 7 rabbits spayed/neutered and I've found that the younger they are the better they recover. Neutering a male is not exactly an invasive op so try not to worry too much :wave:

I had Harvey done at 9 weeks :) and by the afternoon it was as if nothing happened. I have had 7 rabbits spayed/neutered and I've found that the younger they are the better they recover. Neutering a male is not exactly an invasive op so try not to worry too much :wave:

thank you! i know your right, i had his dad done by this vet in august, his mum done in september and i've got to wait till the new year before i can get his sisters done!! i should be getting used to the neutering/spaying buisness by now but it never gets any easier!!!

I agree with Nicola. I've had many buns spayed and neutered and the younger they are, the better they bounce back. The last few I've had neutered were done at 12, 13 and 14 weeks, respectively. All bounced back fine :)

Back