• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
today at College we fed the buns, two of the buns are pretty big BEW's.
we were told to give them 4 scoops of Science Selective, this filled a big water bowl usually used for dogs?

this got me thinking am i not feeding enough? :?

today at College we fed the buns, two of the buns are pretty big BEW's.
we were told to give them 4 scoops of Science Selective, this filled a big water bowl usually used for dogs?

this got me thinking am i not feeding enough? :?

How many buns is that for? I take it thats 4 scoops between them?

Also, what else do they get to eat?

Nope. They are feeding too much.

I did a small animal course at Hadlow, I left after three months as the animal care was :censored:

Nope. They are feeding too much.

I did a small animal course at Hadlow, I left after three months as the animal care was :censored:

i thought it was far too much. i asked and she said its cos they are young?
i said mine get half of that if not alot less than half and she said are they satisfied? i said i would like to think so yes.

i couldnt believe how much they got.

we had handling this afternoon and we got them out to show we can sex them, there bellies were hugggggggggge.

if your rabbits are maintaing a good weigth and eating enough hay the amount your feeding should be fine :)

two buns.
3slices of carrot and 3slices of apple and hay

Jeez!

Way too many SS pellets. My two (1x dwarf lop, 9 months old, 2.3Kgs and 1x dwarf lop, 6 months old, 1.23Kgs) get about 1/6 of that in pellets a day, and thats probably too many. All in my opinion.

Also, thats a lot of sugary veges for them to be getting per day also in my opinion. Do they not have any 'green' veges?

Do they have adlib hay?

Jeez!

Way too many SS pellets. My two (1x dwarf lop, 9 months old, 2.3Kgs and 1x dwarf lop, 6 months old, 1.23Kgs) get about 1/6 of that in pellets a day, and thats probably too many. All in my opinion.

Also, thats a lot of sugary veges for them to be getting per day also in my opinion. Do they not have any 'green' veges?

Do they have adlib hay?

i thought that about the carrots and apples but they know best :roll:
hay is given i think twice a day, its rubbish stuff, i actually questioned whether it was clean hay or dirty the other week :oops: dont think they were impressed.

eta - we havent fed any green veg, and on there labels i dont remember seeing it, otherwise we would of fed it today

No, this was once a day. Amber weighed almost 9kg and Noel was just under 8kg

Some people feed their giants an egg cup of pellets a day.

Wow. Amber must of been massssssssive.

Must say Oscar gets abit more than the other buns but nothing like that much.

Mine just seem to love hay :D

Wow. Amber must of been massssssssive.

Must say Oscar gets abit more than the other buns but nothing like that much.

Mine just seem to love hay :D

Amber was massive, ask Theo!

If I decreased her food she lost condition, She was mainly a hay eater though really & Noel was a pellet boy. They werent on SS though A&P :wave:

Amber was massive, ask Theo!

If I decreased her food she lost condition, She was mainly a hay eater though really & Noel was a pellet boy. They werent on SS though A&P :wave:

was just thinking must of cost a fortune if they were on SS

mine have a mix of SS and A+P as when feeding SS i didnt feel it was enough.

two bales of hay a month though

was just thinking must of cost a fortune if they were on SS

mine have a mix of SS and A+P as when feeding SS i didnt feel it was enough.

two bales of hay a month though

I agree about SS it wasnt enough for them, she lost condition on SS very quickly.

Yes two bales for us a month too:D

Back