• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oops, think I just killed my washing machine...

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
By washing the guinea pig fleeces in it :oops::( I thought I'd shaken off all the hay really well - until I opened the door and saw how much hay was inside :shock:

I blew up one of the dryers in our local launderette :shock:

Put a duvet in it, forgot to change the temperature and it melted into the machine :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Hope yours isn't too damaged Nic!

Heya, I've broke my washing machine at least five times due to vetbed and the plumber hasdto come out every time, think he thought I was a right nut when he pulled lots of damp hay out that was clogging it:oops:!

I hand wash all vetbed now, it saves me money since I'm a student, electric is precious! :lol:

If I feel like I can afford that extra wash I'll put it in an old pillow case first. Though O/H has a thing about me washing bunny stuff separate, even though he loves them to bits, he doesn't want hay, wee and fluff all over his clothes.

:lol: Though fluff with happen no matter what ;)

I blew up one of the dryers in our local launderette :shock:

Put a duvet in it, forgot to change the temperature and it melted into the machine :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Hope yours isn't too damaged Nic!

:shock::shock::shock::shock: at least it wasn't your own. Hope you packed up and ran before they tried to charge you for it!

I don't know if it's working - might just wait until OH tries to use it then he will think he broke it and he has to buy a new one :lol:

It might not be broken :wave:

I wash vet bed all the time in mine, and every time it stops working I clean the filter out...and it's as good as new :D

I normally use the hoover on stuff that goes in the machine. Mainly their blankets. The vetbed is underneath a blanket so that's ok but I can't physically get the vetbed in our machine. :oops: It's too big and bulky so I take it to the laundrette when it needs cleaning, which isn't very often.

It might not be broken :wave:

I wash vet bed all the time in mine, and every time it stops working I clean the filter out...and it's as good as new :D

Thats what I was about to say. I hoover over my vetbeds first (or pick off the hay) and after washing clean out the filter as it gets really filled after washing the vetbeds. I loathe cleaning out the filter but its one of the necessary evils...

I killed mine 2 weeks ago by washing the goat rugs in it!:oops:

Mine you I'm glad I washed them because Violet and Jack have theirs on tonight ( scrawny old goats).

The new one arrived a week later last Friday, its still sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor as dirty washing fills the spare room!:roll:

Back