• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mae's weight diary U/D post 29!

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
I thought I would make a diary of Mae's weight journey :wave:
She's eating one and a half tsp of oats mixed with cool boiled water
005-4.jpg

She gets offered 2 handfull's of pellet's a day and I just let her eat until she's done
006-3.jpg

From above the bulges I think are mainly hind leg
009-4.jpg

Her sticky out hip bones :cry:
013-3.jpg

nomnomnom
017-3.jpg

and her weight today
007-3.jpg

Ish, she kept moving :roll:

Last edited:
Thanks Susie!

Is that 909 grams? :shock:

yep! When she first lost weight she got down to 690g I think :shock: before the stasis she was 1.3kg
(she is a small nethie ;) )
Unfortunatly blood test's and a dental showed nothing to cause the weight loss, so I am at a loss as to what could be causing it :?

Thanks Susie!

yep! When she first lost weight she got down to 690g I think :shock: before the stasis she was 1.3kg
(she is a small nethie ;) )
Unfortunatly blood test's and a dental showed nothing to cause the weight loss, so I am at a loss as to what could be causing it :?

and i thought Ginger was small :shock:

Ginger is almost 1.3Kgs, anything less than that id be horribly worried about her so i can imagine kind of how you feel.

Shame you dont know whats caused it :(

Stuff your face with noms little Mae!

and i thought Ginger was small :shock:

Ginger is almost 1.3Kgs, anything less than that id be horribly worried about her so i can imagine kind of how you feel.

Shame you dont know whats caused it :(

Stuff your face with noms little Mae!

is Ginger skinny or just a small bunny? :wave:
Its a big shame, she's had a blood test which showed nothing, dont know what else to do :?

She certainly likes too eat!

poor darling.
She can get there though, My Shaun was 600g at his worst now, now he is 1.2kg :)

Im hoping she will, and she wont just keep loosing it :roll: Why did Shaun loose weight?

is Ginger skinny or just a small bunny? :wave:
Its a big shame, she's had a blood test which showed nothing, dont know what else to do :?

She certainly likes too eat!

Ginger is both, small and a little skinny - i'm trying to increase her weight a little at the mo by hand feeding her about 10 pellets extra per feed. which is about 10% more than Biccy has. I was told its doubtful she'll ever get over 2Kg's, 'cos of her start in life.

Im hoping she will, and she wont just keep loosing it :roll: Why did Shaun loose weight?

Shaun has had many problems (quite bad infections) but I think it was when he got EC that did it for him. You could try and find some barley rings which I have heard are good for putting on the weight in buns (its a horse product I think, so horse feed places may have it)

Ginger is both, small and a little skinny - i'm trying to increase her weight a little at the mo by hand feeding her about 10 pellets extra per feed. which is about 10% more than Biccy has. I was told its doubtful she'll ever get over 2Kg's, 'cos of her start in life.

Bless her, have you tried her with a bit of porridge? Mae loves it :D

Aww only 900grams. Hope she keeps nomming. :wave: :love:

Shaun has had many problems (quite bad infections) but I think it was when he got EC that did it for him. You could try and find some barley rings which I have heard are good for putting on the weight in buns (its a horse product I think, so horse feed places may have it)

awh bless him, glad he's feeling better. Mae has no front teeth so it has to be easy things to eat :lol:

awwh bless him, hope he's getting better :love: whats normal weight for a piggie?

taa :) he is looking soo much better, really thought he wouldn't make it last week!

everyone says different but i go with

900-1200 grams for males
700-900 grams for females

but slightly over or under isnt too bad lol

xx

Last edited:
taa :) he is looking soo much better, really thought he wouldn't make it last week!

everyone says different but i go with

900-1200 grams for males
700-900 grams for females

but slightly over or under isnt too bad lol

xx

awh bless him :love:
wow bigger than I thought!!!

according to the scales she is 1030 ish grams (she kept moving) but dad has been storing the cutlery container on the scales :evil: which I can barely lift so I have no idea how much she really weighs :? back to the vets on friday :)

Back