• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much is a Spay/Neuter?

chul

Staff member
Just asked prices for a spay and castration for my bunnies and just wondered if it is reasonable or should I ask around?

Male - £43.12

Female - £60.04

That's much cheaper than what I pay.

I pay £75 for a neuter and roughly £85 for a spay.

I think more important than price, is how good the vet is with rabbits, and knowing that they are trustworthy.

My vet was £75. But he is really good with rabbits, uses the right GA or somesuch. That also includes pain meds and post op check. TBH I would pay double, because they know what they are doing:)

Are your vets knowledgeable with buns?

Biccy cost me £68 for his neuter and post op checkup and recovery feed and fiberplex.

My Vets are pretty rabbit savvy and im happy with them, but they gave me free syringes and advice when Biccy wouldnt drink/eat for himself (before my days of RU!)

Not sure about Ginger, as she was spayed by the rescues vet.

I'm unsure how rabbit savvy they are :? I have asked one other vets, but There aren't many round here I know of, and the first one is good with other animals.

I'd make sure the vet is right, rather than making sure the price is right.
If you're confident with the vet then that's pretty cheap I think.

My vets charge £55 for a neuter and £78 for a spay including painkillers, syringe feeding, gut stimulant and probiotics.

molly varga used to work at my vets, she moved to cheshire, think it's cheshire pet medical centre. :?

i never met her but heard she's supposed to be a very good exotics vet. :)

molly varga used to work at my vets, she moved to cheshire, think it's cheshire pet medical centre. :?

i never met her but heard she's supposed to be a very good exotics vet. :)

I've just emailed them. They have two practices but I could get to either. Thanks.

I know this, don't get me wrong. I was just interested what others paid. Eek.

That's the problem with the Internet, you could be the best most intelligent bunny mummy in the world or a right divvy:lol: You could even be a daddy:shock: I dont know. Hope I haven't offended you:love:
You are lucky sounds like you have a choice. There is only one bunny savvy vet in my whole area.

That's the problem with the Internet, you could be the best most intelligent bunny mummy in the world or a right divvy:lol: You could even be a daddy:shock: I dont know. Hope I haven't offended you:love:
You are lucky sounds like you have a choice. There is only one bunny savvy vet in my whole area.

No I'm not offended, just don't want you thinking im tight :lol: I love my bunnies to tiny tiny bits! (And I'm a bunny mummy)

hope you find a good vets soon :love: my poppy was 72 pound to spay but she has a good savvy vet and specail GA for bunnys and she was back to her old self the next day :) it is intresting how much other people pay though :)

hope you find a good vets soon :love: my poppy was 72 pound to spay but she has a good savvy vet and specail GA for bunnys and she was back to her old self the next day :) it is intresting how much other people pay though :)

woops that was for castrating 72 pound :oops: 85 pound for spaying sorry :lol:

My vet charges £55 for a neuter, not sure for a spay. I used to pay about £40 for a neuter and about £60 for a spay. My new vet is much better though and adds a free checkup whereas my old vets would charge for this.

Back