• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling pressured into taking on another 2 bunnies

Michelle_stt

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone.

We have 4 bunnies at the moment. They are bonded in pairs.
We have 4 cats and 2 kids.
A friend at my partners work got talking to my partner(Danny) and strangly they got onto pets.
Danny told him about our bunnies and this man then said they have 4 but want 'rid' of 2 of them and could we take them on!! Apparently they both have a double hutch each with a run attached.
But they just dont want 4 anymore!
I'd love to help but I just dont think we could manage right now!
Iv asked Danny to ask his friend to seek out a rescue but Danny said he feels awkward saying no as this guy was so forward!
xx

I don't think you should feel pressurised into taking on these extra buns. People can make you feel so guillty, and obviously you would help if you could. I think this chap has to be told 'no, sorry - but you could approach a rescue to take them on'. It was very naughty of him to make you feel this way - as obviously you want the best for them, but you have to think of your own situation and the family/pets you already have.

You need to stand your ground and only take them on if you feel able. If you don't, then provide the guy with a load of info about rescues to try and stuff like that, so that you are helping, just not in the way he wants.

Back