• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

question over missing tail???

bunnylover4

Warren Scout
Hello

this is just a quick question to see what people on here think. I adopted a female Rex x Netherland dwarf from a rescue centre but when i got her i noticed she has no tail:?:? [i think it makes her extra special]

The rescue said they think the mother would have bitten it off at birth :? is this a common thing for a mummy bunny to do or is it more likely something has happened to my poor girl in her previous home..... She is a very nervous bunny but does have a loving home now with her bunny hubby gizmo. I just wish i knew what has happened to her to make her so timid and nervous.:?

Its poss mum bit it off...I know of a bun who has half a front paw due to mum biting.
A disturbance perhaps when the kits were firstborn..or perhaps another reason...xxxx

Its poss mum bit it off...I know of a bun who has half a front paw due to mum biting.
A disturbance perhaps when the kits were firstborn..or perhaps another reason...xxxx

Ah thankyou:) i was worried the rescue were hiding something from me. I would have had her anyway whatever happened to her. she is my beautiful little girl:love::love: and she dont seem to miss her tail one bit.
:)

Hello

this is just a quick question to see what people on here think. I adopted a female Rex x Netherland dwarf from a rescue centre but when i got her i noticed she has no tail:?:? [i think it makes her extra special]

The rescue said they think the mother would have bitten it off at birth :? is this a common thing for a mummy bunny to do or is it more likely something has happened to my poor girl in her previous home..... She is a very nervous bunny but does have a loving home now with her bunny hubby gizmo. I just wish i knew what has happened to her to make her so timid and nervous.:?

My mum bred rabbits for a short time when I was a kid. We probably overall had about 70ish baby rabbits in that time. One was actually born without a tail. We assume he was anyway as there was never any scab or scar. Having no tail didnt affect him in any way.

My childhood bunny had no tail... I stood on it by accident when she was a baby and as she hopped away it snapped clean off! :shock::cry: But she lived a very long happy life with her special stump :love:

Back