• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Cremation

I think I paid about £20, I didn't ask for the ashes back though & it's more expensive if you want them back

Have you gone through your vet, or straight to the crem????
Im so sorry youre being made to discuss this.

I personally don't ask for the ashes back when mine are cremated. I have pictures and happy memories and I think having the ashes around would be a morbid reminder for me.

When I had Bebe PTS last week it cost around £31 for the injection and cremation.

Helen xx

depends what you "think" a creamtion is? our local vets all offert o keep the animals body and cremate it.On deeper questioning it means they are put in a bag with all the others and put through an incinerator.IF you want ashes back it costs more as the pet is actaully creamated on its own and returned to you thats why it costs.DO not pay for a "cremation" if your not having the body back as the vets take them for free.

I dont need an injection, my baby is already dead :(
I just dont kniw if I can bury him cos its been non stop raining and may be hard to dig :(

I have found its easier to dig when its been raining (deffo easier than when the ground is frozen :lol:)

I buried Tinkerbell in a large wooden long planter and planted roses on top.

Sooty died at home and I had her cremated singularly and her ashes returned and it cost me £35 a year ago.

I dont know about a planter - the thought of a bunny decomposing in a plantpot terrifies me in case I accidently dug too deep when planing something :S:S:S:S:S:s

I dont know about a planter - the thought of a bunny decomposing in a plantpot terrifies me in case I accidently dug too deep when planing something :S:S:S:S:S:s

That's why I planted roses, they will last for years so I never have to dig in there.

You will find that after a few years everything will have decomposed usually given bunnies have quite tiny thin bones. I have two of mine planted under a young apple tree in the garden and would like to think they will become part of that eventually :).

Helen xx

Back