• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What vacuum cleaner do you use?

nessar

Warren Veteran
My vacuum just refuses to pick up bunny hair, and gets clogged at the sight of hay. The result of which is that my bedroom looks like a hutch!

Anyone have a vacuum cleaner that can handle hay?

I'm looking for a new one and don't have a clue what to get. Not sure whether 'pet' ones will handle it... so please share your wisdom :D

A dyson animal, the bottom attatchement sometimes gets slow when lots of hay gets into it but is easily removed.

Dyson. I've had it years and it's still brilliant.

I've been debating a dustbuster for the run, but I'm not sure.

I have a Dyson Animal. It's really good, the hose has split but still usable, I've hoovered up plenty of things I shouldn't have done. Thought I'd killed it yesterday as it just died, found it clogged up with a pen, hay, megazorb, shavings, fluff... changed the fuse and it's working again. It's the only hoover I haven't destroyed!! :lol::lol::lol:

Dyson ball. Picks up the hay alright but does clog... and doesn't get all the fur off certain carpets. :?

i want a dyson!! just recently got a pet hoover from tesco, it is pretty useless! i have to have it on the wooden floor setting for it to even remove anything from the carpets! :roll: and it takes longer to unblock it than it does to hoover! :roll:

what a star buy!! :lol:

I've got a hoover pet one and its fab. It picks anything up and all filters are washable. I've had it about 3 years - far longer than i've had any other (at one point we were going through 1 a year).

I soooo hope i havent jinxed it!!

I have an Oreck upright absolutely the best hoover,c copes beautifully with diffrent floor levels and suck all pet hair effortlessly. I had a Dyson for about a year and it was **** compared to my Oreck ended up chucking it out nd going back to my old Oreck :love:

Miele Cat & Dog :D

I have a Dyson Animal upstairs in my chinchilla room. The Dyson is brilliant, but between the two I prefer the Miele.

I have a dyson animal (not the upright one.)

My mum has a Sebo upright, and it just have to be pointed in the vague direction of hay to clog.

My dyson never clogs when I just use the "tube". It sometimes does with the "foot" but it's so simple to declog.

Last edited:
I have a dyson.Gets a bit fed up and switches itself off occasionally!! Almost hear it shout at me about the bird food, the bunny poops, the cat hairs and whatever else its forced to pick up!!!

A Miele :) Had a Dyson for 9 years and have reverted back to one with a bag :shock: It's fab :D

eta: we also have an Aldi's own upright bagless one which for £45 is superb. Mega powerful & we use that for cleaning the cars out, the garage etc

I have an Oreck upright absolutely the best hoover,c copes beautifully with diffrent floor levels and suck all pet hair effortlessly. I had a Dyson for about a year and it was **** compared to my Oreck ended up chucking it out nd going back to my old Oreck :love:

I've seen this on a certain shopping channel(!) and have been so tempted. At present I have 2 - both Sebo - an upright and a cylinder - and as they are both working perfectly well I can't really justify yet another!:)

Back