• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Size for 3 buns?

Loosy

Warren Veteran
I reeeealllly shouldn't be asking this :oops::oops::oops:

I currently have a 5x2 double hutch attached to a 7x4 run. I know this probably wouldn't be big enough for 3, so I'm trying to assess whether it would be possible for me to make any additions to make it big enough.
The buns are only little (Ruby is biggest at 1.8kg).

Probably this is not something that's going to happen, but I'm contemplating.... my mother isn't helping. I thought she would be the one to talk some sense into me :lol:

Mine have free run of the 7x5ft shed but that also has Blossom's hutch in which takes up floor space. However, I usually find them on top of her hutch, they love it up there. :lol:

They then play out in their 7x5ft run :) I hope to attach that to the shed when all 4 rabbits are bonded and when we have space when the garage is knocked down. :)

Maybe a 6 foot double would be better? :)

I'm not sure a hutch 6 foot wide would fit in the area the buns are in at the moment... I'm trying to think of places I could move their set up but my garden is a really awkward shape. :?

I was thinking maybe a playhouse? Would a 5x4 playhouse be alright if I added some shelves or something?

I'm not sure a hutch 6 foot wide would fit in the area the buns are in at the moment... I'm trying to think of places I could move their set up but my garden is a really awkward shape. :?

I was thinking maybe a playhouse? Would a 5x4 playhouse be alright if I added some shelves or something?

Get another 5ft Double and add it to the other end of the run ?

Could you have them inside? Giving them a room as a base and having free range when supervised? We have a group of four in the house like this. Although free range rooms are limited due to them being bonded only a month. We have two entire girls one who will be spayed this week and the other when she's big enough-so for hormonal reasons we're waiting till they are done before letting them have the whole house :) our outdoor buns have a 10 x 5 play house and a 9 x 6 run divided in two at the moment. Two live one side, one the other :) hope this gives you some ideas :)

Could you have them inside? Giving them a room as a base and having free range when supervised? We have a group of four in the house like this. Although free range rooms are limited due to them being bonded only a month. We have two entire girls one who will be spayed this week and the other when she's big enough-so for hormonal reasons we're waiting till they are done before letting them have the whole house :) our outdoor buns have a 10 x 5 play house and a 9 x 6 run divided in two at the moment. Two live one side, one the other :) hope this gives you some ideas :)

I would love to have them inside! Unfortunately, I don't really have a room big enough, and I'd be worried about letting them free range because I have cats. The cats are usually ok with the buns but I wouldn't want to risk it.

Your outside set up sounds really good! I don't think I would have space for anything like that :(

At the moment I'm thinking of attaching a 5x4 playhouse to the other end of their run, so they'd have the 5x4 (probably with a ledge inside to add some space), then 7x4 run in the middle, then 5x2 double hutch on the other end. I'd kind of like to keep the hutch cause I just bought a cover for it :lol:

Back