• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free Ranging?

Indy

Warren Scout
Sorry, not sure where this should be! For those that let the buns loose in the garden...

How do you pluck up the courage!?:lol:

My little dude loves going in his run - he looks like the love-child of tigger and bambi with his crazy little flips and random sprints around the grass.

I only have a 5x3ft run and tbh he would love a proper run about... We have a pretty enlosed garden (steps down onto the grass, wall and fence on one side and fences on the others) - we'd need some work done on the fences before he could go out (next doors cat likes breaking fence panels and squeezing underneath...)

I have this horrible feeling i'd lose him somehow or never be able to catch him:lol:

We have concrete gravel boards and we also have the strong fencing e.g. not the waney lap. It is 7ft high. Cats tend not to come in the garden but you can get stuff I think to put on fences to deter them or put up trellis so it is not easy for them to walk on.

Have a bag of Fenugreek or other treat to tempt them back in with.;)

You can't beat a good free range session where the rabbit has the freedom to run like a nutter around the garden, to dig holes, or find a favourite place to flop and watch the world go by.

My garden is very well bunny proofed,and the boundaries are checked regularly.

I have tiny little nethies through to big giants, and they all free range every day. Even though they all have large accommodation and permanent enclosures on their sheds, I feel really guilty if they don't get to come out in the garden at least once a day.

You can't beat a good free range session where the rabbit has the freedom to run like a nutter around the garden, to dig holes, or find a favourite place to flop and watch the world go by.

My garden is very well bunny proofed,and the boundaries are checked regularly.

I have tiny little nethies through to big giants, and they all free range every day. Even though they all have large accommodation and permanent enclosures on their sheds, I feel really guilty if they don't get to come out in the garden at least once a day.

I'd love my bunny to be free range, he'd doing the lawn moving no problem! But we have a huge amount of cats in our area, and our hencing is rubbish to say the least! We also have lots of plants like poppies around :/

there is nothing better than a free range bunny!!! and the best way to do it is just let em loose! lol dont worry with mine initially they didnt want t go in cuz were loving the freedom but now i just say bunnys bedtime and they go in they know they will get either their dinner or a treat (depending on time of day) and are very happy knowing they will be out again tomorrow! also with buns who dont know when bedtime is it helps to herd them in! x x

I have a walled in garden,Im so lucky,my buns are free all day and to get them in a night i put food in their shed/run depending on Winter/Summer and always say "bed time"they gradually learn and go to bed :love::love::love:

I love watching my buns free range (except when they hide under the decking and i cant get back in :roll:) They love it, my garden is well bunny proofed and access can only be gained through our house, there are very high fences at the back so no one can get over and they cannot get out:D

Back