• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stes moms little boy is in

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
for his op tomorrow... i plan to bring him here after and set him up in a crate in the kitchen. we will be turning the heating off so that he keeps his winter coat... my question...

would you open the window too? or does that defeat the object of bringing him in :? outside bunnies are so complicated :?

how long shall we keep him inside before letting him go home????

Oooo thats a tough one. I think I would have the window open and give him the option of a snugglesafe. Is it going to be cold with you the next few days? Its varied so much the last few nights which doesnt help

no idea tbh lol the house holds onto heat quite well but outside theres been frost for the last few mornings so pretty cold :?

is he getting neutered?
when my lad was neutered, he was up and running about the same evening so we put him straight back out.

is he getting neutered?
when my lad was neutered, he was up and running about the same evening so we put him straight back out.

oh did you? i always thought they needed to be in for a night or two after the op.. never had to worry with alvin he was a house bunny anyhows.

I would definitely keep him in overnight.

I would say keep him in your normal house temperature tomorrow evening, and then the next night onwards have him somewhere cold, with the window open, so he still has some protection while he heals, but is cool.

I would definitely keep him in overnight.

I would say keep him in your normal house temperature tomorrow evening, and then the next night onwards have him somewhere cold, with the window open, so he still has some protection while he heals, but is cool.

ok will do. cheers hun :D

hope i dont get too attached having a half wild bunny in my kitchen :oops:

My girls were done in May (a few years ago) and they stayed out cuz it was really warm - they had lots of towels and snuggle safes though. You might want to put him on something soft rather than hay he will be a bit sore bless him

My girls were done in May (a few years ago) and they stayed out cuz it was really warm - they had lots of towels and snuggle safes though. You might want to put him on something soft rather than hay he will be a bit sore bless him

he will be getting a bed of towels and a small corner with hay.. i hate doing this to bunnies but i wont sleep if i dont keep an eye on him myself.. cant wait till he is reunited with the family :love:

get to suss out possible new vets for my pair too :D

he will be getting a bed of towels and a small corner with hay.. i hate doing this to bunnies but i wont sleep if i dont keep an eye on him myself.. cant wait till he is reunited with the family :love:

get to suss out possible new vets for my pair too :D

It is for his own good long term and its a low risk op as long as he is healthy - it will be so rewarding to see them all back together too

It is for his own good long term and its a low risk op as long as he is healthy - it will be so rewarding to see them all back together too

yup.. itll be lovely because i think he was quite close to one of the sisters so hopefully they will remember that bond :love:

Back