• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay or grass

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
I struggle to feed Thumper hay, any type, he just doesn't like it. Grass on the other hand, he loves whether its fresh or dried. I just put a roll of grass down in his run and he is devouring it like wild fire. I put it down about 15 minutes ago, its about 40% gone already, he is eating it SO fast that you'de think I'm starving him. What can I do?:?

The best food you can feed your bunny is fresh grass :D. However, because we generally can't feed fresh grass all year round, we feed hay as the best alternative. Therefore, if your bunny will only eat grass then I'd suggest it was just as good as hay. As long as your bunny eats something containing plenty of fibre and is abrasive on the teeth, you won't go far wrong.

The best food you can feed your bunny is fresh grass :D. However, because we generally can't feed fresh grass all year round, we feed hay as the best alternative. Therefore, if your bunny will only eat grass then I'd suggest it was just as good as hay. As long as your bunny eats something containing plenty of fibre and is abrasive on the teeth, you won't go far wrong.

Well he gets bunny basics food, so he gets plenty of fiber :)

And as for the other comment, yes, he loves Orchard grass, a bit on the expensive side though. And he also gets a handful of readigrass in the mornings too, not too much though as I know its high in calcium.

In that case, I really would not worry to much, I think he will do just fine on that diet. :wave:

id agree with regards to grass. since joining here my rabbits have been on grass daily.:)

Back