• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you do this?

Toadie

Alpha Buck
Was talking to my best friend last night about New Years Eve-day etc. The plan is for our close circle of friends to spend it at her mums who is going away over this period (her mum has a lovely big house and huge garden.) I said I wasn't sure what I was going to do because of having to leave Frodo. She told me to bring him with us, he has a foldable dog crate, which would mean he would be shut in, but we could put his crate up in her mums office and keep the door shut also. My biggest concern is this, her mum has two dogs and my friend will also have her Rotty there. There is a child gate at the top of the stairs to stop the dogs from going any further (the office is upstairs also) and I will stress to everyone that the office door MUST be kept shut. It is a good plan, but I am still concerned over the dogs :| The hubby thinks this is a good plan and that I am being a bit overly cautious. Would do you think? :wave:

Can the office door be locked ?
If so you could lock it and retain the key so as no-one can accidentally leave the door open.

Unless you can do as Jane suggests I would look into a boarding facilty instead. It would only take a second for a tragedy to happen and I wouldn't think a child gate would be enough to stop a dog that can smell a bunny. better safe than sorry xx

Can the office door be locked ?
If so you could lock it and retain the key so as no-one can accidentally leave the door open.

That was my first thought too.

Or could the crate be put on the desk or somewhere so its not easy to get at with a lock so that it cant be opened?

I wouldn't risk it as new year means alcohol and drunk people. Not everyone is responsible or thinks carefully especially when drunk. I'd worry that i'd have to watch other people interfering with the bun as well as the dogs. It's best if you keep him well away-you can enjoy yourself without worrying then, as you know he's 100 percent safe :)

Back