• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

URGENT help - Molly has a bad eye UD been to vets

molly35

Mama Doe
001.jpg

Went out this morning and her eye looks like this, I'm panicking, what is it?

Last edited:
Could be anything, something stuck in it, start of an infection, problem with the third eyelid, anything like that.

I'd get a vet to check it today, if you can, because that's going to hurt and she will need some pain relief.

I agree with Sky-O, she needs to see a vet today. Hopefully it is a little infection which can be sorted out quickly.

Make sure that they also check Molly's teeth to eliminate any potential dental issues.

Vet said it could be an infection, or could have banged the eye or it could be a TUMOUR. I felt sick when he said that - will she lose an eye or go to the big bunny place in the sky????? She is looking so sorry for herself

Hopefully it will be an infection or something "simple" which will heal with the right meds - did they give you some?

If it is a tumour/abcess then they may be able to remove the eye - bunnies can cope well with only 1 eye. Have they /are they doing any further tests to eliminate this?

Sending Molly lots of get well vibes.

Back