• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunday Night Pub Quiz - For Pledge a Pound U/D Winner Announced!

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
I am going to run a Sunday night pub quiz for Pledge a Pound. The rules are as follows:

I will announce in advance the date and exact time that the quiz will open (eg Sunday 7th November, 9pm). At this time 15 questions will appear on this thread.

You will then have exactly 5 minutes to copy and paste the questions in to a PM, and give me your best guess to all the answers.

TONIGHTS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. What was the name of Kate Winslet’s character in Titanic? (first name only) Rose

2. What is the relationship between royals Prince Edward and Lord Linley? Cousins

3. Who sang in and starred in Grease and Xanadu? Olivia Newton John

4. What is kelp? Seaweed

5. Which glam band had hits with “Fox on the Run” and “Wig-Wam Bam”? Sweet

6. What name is an African lake, a station and a former Queen? Victoria

7. What type of vessel was the Torrey Canyon? Tanker

8. What is the name of the most famous theatre in London’s Drury Lane? Theatre Royal

9. What is the more common name for toxaemia? Blood Poisoning

10. Which members of the big cat family collect in a leap? Leopard

11. Who preceded Harold Macmillan as Prime Minister? Anthony Eden

12. In the Shakespeare play Macbeth, who actually kills Macbeth? MacDuff

13. The Renshaw twins were a force in the early days of which ball sport? Tennis

14. Newmarket and Ipswich are both in which English county? Suffolk

15. Reflexology treats your body through what? Your Feet

I am only giving 5 minutes because I need to stop people from cheating by looking on the internet. So please type fast! :D This will be a strict time, and I will not accept any entries that are received at 9:06.

The person with the most correct answers will win a prize. In the event of a tie, it will come down to whoever sent their answers back quickest, again to encourage people to be as fast as possible.

I will endeavour to announce winners asap after the quiz ends.

All entries will cost £1 via paypal to: snoopsnflumps@yahoo.co.uk. You can do this once you have sent your PM to me, but no later than 10pm please so that I can verify payments and announce the winner.

There will be a new prize each week to be announced.

This week's prize
:

26249531.jpg

All proceeds go to Pledge a Pound.

This will run weekly until 12th December (inclusive).

Any questions please PM me. If we have any Sunday night wobbles, it will be postponed to another time, and disputes on answers will be as per what it says in my book! :)

Last edited:
Yay!, what a fantastic idea, well done Helen:love:

Thank you!! I just hope it works!!!

I hope 5 mins will be enough time for people to type their answers....I was just worried if we made it 10mins that people might cheat on the internet....

I think 5 minutes is plenty of time to type 15 answers. Could people just send you a list of 15 answers if they are worried about copying and pasting and taking time?

This is a really good idea, I love quizzes! I think 5mins should be enough. I'll be looking out for the first quiz :wave:

I think 5 minutes is plenty of time to type 15 answers. Could people just send you a list of 15 answers if they are worried about copying and pasting and taking time?

Thank you - of course, whichever way works best for people is fine by me.

What a great idea Helen:D
sadly I will be at a real pub quiz that we go to each Sunday evening:(

but hope this does well

Ooooh what time does X Factor finish? I didnt think about clashing with other things.

Hoping to get this up tonight, watch this space!! :wave:

Ok everyone, we are going live with the first pub quiz at 9:00 sharp tonight!!!

The questions will appear in the first thread.

The prize for this week has been added, it is a rabbit teddy and a bag of fenugreek crunchies!

Any questions please PM me in advance of the quiz!

GOOD LUCK! And please show your support for Pledge a Pound :wave:

Have just paypalled my £1 now Helen :wave: Otherwise I'd forget!! :oops:

X Factor result finishes at 9pm, so I'll be on as quick as I can :D

I'm really looking forward to it :D

Have just paypalled my £1 now Helen :wave: Otherwise I'd forget!! :oops:

X Factor result finishes at 9pm, so I'll be on as quick as I can :D

I'm really looking forward to it :D

Thank you Denise :wave: Very kind. I hope people have seen this thread and want to take part.

Sorry its a bit close to the mark with X-Factor, I will leave it as 9.00pm tonight as thats what I have advertised it as but perhaps I will move it 9:15 for next week?

Thank you :)

Oooh, I'll have a go! I love quizzes :)
Hope I'm on at the right time... think the time set on my laptop is a bit dodgy :oops:

Back