• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shes letting them free on 2 acres of land?!?

beccimarie

Mama Doe
will my O/h just came home and told me about a tree he went to view (as he is a tree surgeon) and he said there was a girl there that had rabbits so he went over to say how nice they were and we have rabbits too and she said "im going to let them run freely soon and just leave there hutch open?!?" they live on 2 acres of land which is lovely but its not secured with fences and its like a forest! will explained that they will not survive on there own as domestic pets, and they need some protection from birds of prey, or they will need to be attended all the time but that would be impossible with that much land.. will said she said there is no birds of prey round here they will be fine, and then before will left he saw a buzzard fly past :? poor buns :( they will never survive in a forest on there own..

I'd get back in contact with them asap and ask to take the bunnies! Chances are a fox will find them and eat them if they're let out :(

I'd get back in contact with them asap and ask to take the bunnies! Chances are a fox will find them and eat them if they're let out :(

Yeah same here, if you are able to at least look after them temporarily. I know its a big commitment but chances are they will be taken otherwise. Or she will just forget about them :cry::cry:

Yeah same here, if you are able to at least look after them temporarily. I know its a big commitment but chances are they will be taken otherwise. Or she will just forget about them :cry::cry:

i have already told will to ask her, like i said i would be more then happy to accomadate them untill i find them a safe home, i have a spare hutch and run, old but it would be safer! either that or will needs to tell her its a welfare issue and she cant do it!

So sad, deffo take them if you can, you might even be able to find a rescue space for them maybe? Domestic rabbits cannot survive in the wild, especially in the winter.... :(

So sad, deffo take them if you can, you might even be able to find a rescue space for them maybe? Domestic rabbits cannot survive in the wild, especially in the winter.... :(

i know :( i wish i was there i would not have left till she had changed her mind and brought a run! i think will was suprisingly imformative though, but he isnt as strong minded as me :roll: i mean space is lovely but.. not completely abandoned i dont know whether she means to neglect them or not because will said she was cleaning them at the time, and she said she wants to "train" them to come back :? im afraid there not dogs :(

i know :( i wish i was there i would not have left till she had changed her mind and brought a run! i think will was suprisingly imformative though, but he isnt as strong minded as me :roll: i mean space is lovely but.. not completely abandoned i dont know whether she means to neglect them or not because will said she was cleaning them at the time, and she said she wants to "train" them to come back :? im afraid there not dogs :(

Gosh, she is a strange one! They arent like cows that you put out to graze and then round up - they are far too vulnerable! :roll: Some people and their mad ideas!

Gosh, she is a strange one! They arent like cows that you put out to graze and then round up - they are far too vulnerable! :roll: Some people and their mad ideas!

i know! i just dont know what goes throught there head, she lives like out in the country so birds of prey and foxs everywhere, she thinks she can call them and they will run back happily?!? when my buns go for a free range it takes me half an hour to get them back in :lol: and thats jus a standard garden with FULL supervision!

i know! i just dont know what goes throught there head, she lives like out in the country so birds of prey and foxs everywhere, she thinks she can call them and they will run back happily?!? when my buns go for a free range it takes me half an hour to get them back in :lol: and thats jus a standard garden with FULL supervision!

:lol::lol: Yeah! Im lucky with mine, they are quite obidient, but thats only in my house, I dont have a garden for them to be naughty in!

:lol::lol: Yeah! Im lucky with mine, they are quite obidient, but thats only in my house, I dont have a garden for them to be naughty in!

your lucky :lol: think i get more of a run then they do! but what is the point in having buns if your never going to see them, its the thing i look forward too when coming home from work my free run with the buns for 2 hours :love: will have promised to go back and check thre still in the hutch and have listened to him, im also giving him some examples of runs and the run around products for her just incase she just made a mistake and loves them, im also writing a note saying if you do not wish to keep them after knowing how much work they need, i will be more then happy to give them a loving home with a safe area to run.

Back