• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Final update on pub i complained about. Kinda open ending :/

CrazyGal330

Warren Scout
Hi guys. I have over several weeks/a couple of months, been trying to improve the conditions of the rabbits at a pub near me.
(previous posts http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=245782 and http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=249671 )

I never heard back from either of my letters however when i went to give them a printout of my petition so far a week or two ago the bunnies were gone. No hutch and no more bunnies. I asked all the bar staff in that night and they said they didnt know what happened to them. The first guy i asked said "they are probably running about the garden" obviously he hadnt even noticed the hutch was gone :roll:

So i left gutted, thinking they had proably just moved them to a private part of their garden, but at least they arent in danger of abuse from drunk people any more.
And this morning we got their regular news letter through and it had the following paragraph
Many of you have been asking where the lovely wabbits, shellie and cherry have got to. They have retired and are living a life of luxury in their new home. we are sorry to all of you who have told us you miss them, especially the heartbroken children who bring carrots in for them every weekendcome rain or shine. some people had expressed concern over their home in the pub but the RSPCA inspector whose advice we sought thought they were very well looked after and accomodated here. We have, however decided to retire them to a life of idle luxury.

It seems quite spiteful almost. The bit in bold was actually bold in the newsletter... and the bit about "sought advice from" is a cleverly worded lie, as I rang the RSPCA to get them to go take a look at the bunnies.

Sorry for long post but i really feel this is such a sour end to the whole thing. I just hope the bunnies have gone somewhere nice :/ I wonder if they have given they havent specified where this luxury home is.
Maybe im just reading it the wrong way :oops::oops:

You were right to do something about it, IMO. They are bound to be upset and spiteful, so just take it with a pinch of salt and ignore it.

I just hope the bunnies are ok, can you contact the RSPCA to find out any more about it, or the bunnies? Or wouldnt they say?

like you i cant help wondering where these bunnies have ended up:?
I suspect they only got rabbits to add an attraction to the pub, not because they wanted a pet.:(

However I think you did the correct thing, at least you did not ignore their plight like many people would have. I think they realised they would cause more hassel than the attraction they had hoped.
Because this ended up an unsuccseful attraction other pubs wont be encouraged to follow suit. So maybe some good has come from this.

I'd agree with you that the post is spiteful. There's a hidden message in there for everyone who signed the petition, definately! :roll:

I think you did the right thing though. :):wave:

Back