• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do your partners feel about the bunnies?!

rachylou

Warren Veteran
I am feeling quite upset right now...

I just said to hubby, 'You do love them dont you?' and he replied
'hmmm'
And I said 'hmm as in yes or no?'
He then said 'Kind of'

:cry:

I then pestered him about it demanding to know what he meant and he said
I just dont love them like you do'
Which I knew was true anyway, he sees them as bunnies where as I see them as fury children :oops:

Sorry your husband doesnt have the special connection with your bunnies that we all have.

My husband loves all our bunnies and they are very special to him. Although he probably doesnt obsess about them as much as I do or worry about them quite as much, but still he is brilliant with them.

I wonder what's worrying your husband? Are they housebunnies? Does he spend much time with them?

Yeah they are house buunnies and we have them running around the flat when we are here, other wise they are in their NIC pen.

I just had another chat with him and he said that 'they are special and of cause he would not want anything to happen to them and would miss them if they were to go but he just does not have that connection witht ehm like I do'

My Husband hates my rabbits and my guineapigs :( He moans about them all the time and He never takes any notice of them, infact I don`t even think he knows what there names are. :roll: :evil:

My fiance loves Pepy. While I was away for a week he really bonded with him and we are one big happy family.

QUOTE=rachylou;4141882]Yeah they are house buunnies and we have them running around the flat when we are here, other wise they are in their NIC pen.

I just had another chat with him and he said that 'they are special and of cause he would not want anything to happen to them and would miss them if they were to go but he just does not have that connection witht ehm like I do'[/QUOTE]

Ah, he does love them!! I feel sorry for anyone that doesnt get the connection tho as I think it is one of the most special things in the world :love::love:

I could understand if someone is quite houseproud and tidy tho if they might not like any mess or smell in the house, we clean Starbuck out very regularly and change his litter tray but sometimes his wee/poo can really stink!! :mrgreen:

QUOTE=rachylou;4141882]Yeah they are house buunnies and we have them running around the flat when we are here, other wise they are in their NIC pen.

I just had another chat with him and he said that 'they are special and of cause he would not want anything to happen to them and would miss them if they were to go but he just does not have that connection witht ehm like I do'

Ah, he does love them!! I feel sorry for anyone that doesnt get the connection tho as I think it is one of the most special things in the world :love::love:

I could understand if someone is quite houseproud and tidy tho if they might not like any mess or smell in the house, we clean Starbuck out very regularly and change his litter tray but sometimes his wee/poo can really stink!! :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

Do you think so?!! :p

I agree the connection is the best feeling in the world, they are so loving!! :love:

Yeah I dont think our place smells... but they say you get used to it? :blush:
We clean out their hay boxes potties twice a day and the rest of their house (all the blankets etc...) gets cleaned out once a week so I dont think they smell. :roll:

My OH tolerates my buns because he knows how much i love them and I could not live without animals around me. He would not mind at all if they were not here, However he never realy complains about them unless he stands on a stray poo in the middle of the night or he finds grated carrot in the bed.
He dotes on our dog though:?

My OH tolerates my buns because he knows how much i love them and I could not live without animals around me. He would not mind at all if they were not here, However he never realy complains about them unless he stands on a stray poo in the middle of the night or he finds grated carrot in the bed.
He dotes on our dog though:?

:lol:

ste loves all our pets but in a bloke way.. he was upset over pearl but didnt do the emotion thing infront of me.. i knew he was upset because he refused to see the body.

of all our pets tho the buns are not his top pet... his No.1 will always be Ralph but even he struggles to be top with Bud being a firm Fave lol

dont fuss me if Ste loves the buns as much as me or not.. they are mine and i prefer not to share anyhows :lol:

I am feeling quite upset right now...

I just said to hubby, 'You do love them dont you?' and he replied
'hmmm'
And I said 'hmm as in yes or no?'
He then said 'Kind of'

:cry:

I then pestered him about it demanding to know what he meant and he said
I just dont love them like you do'
Which I knew was true anyway, he sees them as bunnies where as I see them as fury children :oops:

This is what my OH used to say, pretty much. But now he admits he does really love them, he looks after them while I'm away for work and is always telling me on the phone how "Pickle let me stroke him for ages". Plus, he built them a run and a shed and made shutters for my foster bunnies's hutch.

He moans sometimes about the money spent on them, but I know if they ever needed anything (like really expensive vet treatment!) he would be fully supportive.

I don't think he has quite the connection I do, but he has grown to love them a lot :love:

OH adores felix and jack (only cause jack is his really :lol: ) and he does like harry but only cause he and felix are my furry babies and plus harry damage a lot of his stuff but he will look after him feed him take to vets etc just doesnt have the same contection as i do

This is what my OH used to say, pretty much. But now he admits he does really love them, he looks after them while I'm away for work and is always telling me on the phone how "Pickle let me stroke him for ages". Plus, he built them a run and a shed and made shutters for my foster bunnies's hutch.

He moans sometimes about the money spent on them, but I know if they ever needed anything (like really expensive vet treatment!) he would be fully supportive.

I don't think he has quite the connection I do, but he has grown to love them a lot :love:

Dan does this too. If he is in and I am not he will tell me little stories like 'Cookie started to really commit to the snuggle today'
So maybe that is just his way of expressing his type of love for them.

:cry: That is so sad!

I know, it is very sad :( he`s just a grumpy old sod just like his Father :roll:
He never had pets as a child so I`m guessing that`s why he has no interest in animals.
We have had lots of arguments about them, especially if one of them has a little nibble of somthing they shouldn`t of.
He know`s how much I care for them though, and has even commented on how well I take good care of them.
I think he was begining to fall for my little black bunny (kenny) untill he decided to keep his teeth in shape by chewing on the new living room cabinet :lol:

Mat never used to like the cats let alone buns or pigs. Now he lover the cats, as they show him affection I think he gets it. With buns and pigs he's seen them settle in and progress and he has become quite interested in them and very fond of certain buns-the one who gives him kisses and thinks he's a cat being so eager for lap time etc is his favourite. But he has a soft spot for most of them for one reason or another. He didn't used to spend any time with them, complained about them, and we'd argue about how much of my time they took up. I think he realises now how much they mean to me, and although isn't obsessed-he has come a long way. He helps with bonding, cleaning, feeding, brushing and I even catch him having conversations with them telling them how they're lovely, and even calls them cute names like buddy, bestest bunny, sweetheart etc. My advice is stand your ground and appreciate the little signs of affection he gives them. Don't force them on him and always expect him to be annoyed if he gets poo stuck on his sock :)

My OH loves the bunnies. Well Radish more that Waffle but he is always talking to them and stroking them.

He isn't as obsessive about them as I am but I don't expect him to be really.

i think my oh loves them more than i do:shock: i dont know if thats possible.. but some times it feels that way:D he would have as many as would fit in the house:roll::lol:

Back