• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Builders Bags

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Just been to the farm where I get my Megazorb and readi-grass for the buns and decided to buy a big bale of hay (£4.35).

I haven't bothered buying a bale for a long time because of the mess and storage. I have been forking out lots of money to buy hay in bags instead, but decided cost-wise it's just not economical.

Anyway, put plastic down in the boot of the car before putting the hay in, and on the way back stopped in at B+Q.

I bought one of the builders bags that hold a tonne in weight. Normally people use them for sand etc. Got home and Darren helped me lift the bale into the bag.

It's such a simple way to stop the mess and help with the storage, I wish I'd thought of it before!

Thats what I use :)
My Dad built us a brick shed this year, so we had loads of them. They`re realy good and keep the hay realy nice, but I still find that hay gets every where. My OH is always moaning about the mess in his "man space" :roll:

Good idea. I use wheelie bin liners but before i have the hay in the car they have torn. will definitly look into getting one:D

my hay is in a garden bag - the smaller version of the builders bag. i mix hays in there, it lets any dust settle and means i can give the bunkins a bit of variety each day. i still spill bits though :oops:

That's a good idea! I usually separate my bales into empty megazorb bags but at thr moment I don't have enough empty bags. Maybe i will invest in a builders bag :)

Ahhhhh ..... My boot resembles a stable .... Poor lucky dog gets covered as this is his transport area And my garage is covered ..... Books waiting to
Go to charity shop need to be de-hayed first ...
I thought this was all normal lol !

Back