• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suggestions on where to get very large hutches and an aviary

Lindy

Young Bun
We have two bunnies (aged ten and about one). Sadly they can't be left alone as the older one fights, so we need to keep them in separate hutches (they are together when we are around and snuggle up in the house in the evening for an hour).

At the moment one has a very large "double decker hutch" with large run attached, the new bunny has Molly's mansion, which is really too small to be kept in for long periods, but he spends most of his time running around the garden or in a very large run on the grass.

The large hutch needs replacing and I'm looking to find something similar, but all the large hutches seem very small. My idea is to find a very large aviary with fox proof wire, and to put both hutches inside. I'd still like a run attached, and that way they could still see each other, and be very close, without fighting.

I've looked at aviaries, but again, they don't seem big enough to put two hutches in and give them space to run around.

I can't have a shed, as I'm terrified of spiders and won't go near our shed.

Does anyone know where I can have these made (I realise it will be expensive, but the buns are worth it), or a supplier of very large hutches and aviaries. I am guessing links etc aren't allowed on here, but please feel free to message me with any suggestions.

I can't believe all these hutches are advertised as large.

Many thanks

Ebay may be worth a look, try also searching dog kennels, as some of these are lovely and big. Just make sure they are made with thick weld mesh or better.

Forsham Arks make what they call a Very Large Hutch (at least 7ft long and 3 ft wide) and also aviary runs.

Co-incidentally I will be selling one of these (and the Biosecure Run) as of this weekend - when I get around to posting it on RU and ebay.

(It is NOT the one I sold a couple of weeks ago!!)

Or you can buy new direct from Forsham Arks.

Back