• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need Some Advice Until Bloods Come Back...

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
...Sapphire is still not eating hay, at all!! I've tried her on meadow hay (the usual I get), alfalfa, timothy hay and readi-grass on top of the hay...yet she wont touch it.

She eats everything else - so her vege, science selective and fresh grass and dandelion leaves...but wont touch hay.

I'm waiting for all the bloods to come back from the lab before the vets act next, her teeth look great on inspection but it's looking like she may need an x-ray to see if there is a root problem...but the vet is doubting this due to her eating everything else.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime? My vet doesn't seem to think it is too much of a problem, but I think it is xx

...Sapphire is still not eating hay, at all!! I've tried her on meadow hay (the usual I get), alfalfa, timothy hay and readi-grass on top of the hay...yet she wont touch it.

She eats everything else - so her vege, science selective and fresh grass and dandelion leaves...but wont touch hay.

I'm waiting for all the bloods to come back from the lab before the vets act next, her teeth look great on inspection but it's looking like she may need an x-ray to see if there is a root problem...but the vet is doubting this due to her eating everything else.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime? My vet doesn't seem to think it is too much of a problem, but I think it is xx

If he is eating grass then I would not stress too much.

What about the herb/hay forages ?

Back