• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My fosters have gone

molly35

Mama Doe
Both my fosters have been rehomed, I'm dropping Tuppence off tomorrow and Cookie left today. I feel like my babies have left home. The hutche looks so sad and empty. I know I shouldnt want it to be filled by an unwanted bun but .........life being life I'm sure I will have a new baby soon

Ahhh that must be so hard :cry: Well done for fostering them though, and I hope that they now have a lovely life, so pleased they have a home.

Treat yourself to something nice today to reward yourself for doing something so nice.

I know how you feel. I have one of my fosters going today and another next week.

I'm so sad, but utterly delighted at the same time.

Awwww bless you. You're right though, the best way to stop missing them is to have another! It's great that they've found their forever homes :love:

I`m getting a new foster bun one day during this week, possibly Friday.
I ended up adopting my last foster bun :oops: I`m currently bonding her to Kenny at the minute, so I now have an empty hutch free to look after a new foster bunny :love:

Awwww, must be a strange feeling! I have had my foster buns for 2 months now and will have them for a while yet as Millie is still too young to be speyed, it will be very hard when they do leave, even though I'll be happy for them I'll miss them so much!

I've been fostering for about a year now always have mixed feelings when one of my foster buns finds a new home. I'm sad to be saying good bye but happy that they have a forever home and that I could help the bunny along the way as someone did with my lovely pair of troublemakers.

Once you get another one, I'm sure you will feel a bit better. Keep up the good work and please don't let it put you off as fostering is so rewarding :)

Think of the hutch as ready and waiting to help more bunnies to a new life, rather than sad and empty. Well done for helping Tuppence and Cookie to a new start. :wave:

We've only said goodbye to one so far, and I was sad to see her go, but very happy that she was going to have friends to play with and a forever home.
My o/h took it harder than me I think and he's very attached to our new foster!
It's a great thing to do though and I'm sure your spaces won't be empty for long.

Back