• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today is operation bunny pen refit (Tinks and Rudy)

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
A long overdue refit of their home today :D

I've decided to do it today as I have the weekend off and Elijah is staying at 'Hotel de Harcourt' for another day so I can use his pen to temporarily rehouse them in.

I've been out and bought the bits for the refit:

Off-cut of heavy duty non-slip vinyl floor covering (blue, not first choice of colour but £10 - bargain :D:D

Carpet for the shelves (to tone in with the blue theme) £16

Skirting board for the edges £17.

Now for the hacky task of taking to bits the old pen.

Look forward to progress reports! :wave:

Thanks for your reply. :D

Well the pen's finished but the bunnies do not like the vinyl. They've mainly stayed on the shelves (carpetted) and don't seem greatly happy jumping up and down of the vinyl, the main floor part (it doesn't appear slippery to me).

I'm not sure if I should give them more time to get used to it or get them some carpet. I can't believe all the effort and expense and they don't like it :cry::cry::cry:

Fussy bunnies eh? :roll: Fingers crossed they'll settle into it and decide all mummy's hard work should be appreciated!

Fussy bunnies eh? :roll: Fingers crossed they'll settle into it and decide all mummy's hard work should be appreciated!

:wave: Thank you. They are definitely starting to get used to it. I won't say 'like' it yet but they are adapting. It's Tink's fault for weeing on the carpet - If they didn't they could happily have carpet!

My little rabbit nephew took a while to find his feet on the laminate last winter, but my goodness, he certainly became very nimble on it before he got put back out in the spring! Sounds like your two are getting the hang of the new surface. :wave:

My little rabbit nephew took a while to find his feet on the laminate last winter, but my goodness, he certainly became very nimble on it before he got put back out in the spring! Sounds like your two are getting the hang of the new surface. :wave:

That sounds quite positive. :D

They are in the habit of both begging at the end of a shelf then Roo pushes Tink off the shelf and she begs from the floor (not as brutal as it sounds!) but Tink was staying firmly on the shelf at first. They are back to their usual routine now :love:

I'm sure they'll settle in soon, the fusspots. :D Any pics? :D:D
I'll do pictures in a day or two. I keep using the batteries for my very fetching head torch when collecting forage for the bunnies, so the camera doesn't have decent batteries at the mo, they always seem to be charging.

Look forward to pictures when you can manage. :wave: You could slide poor Mr McFlurry along the laminate like a duster at first, and he only went on it by mistake. Then one day he followed me into the kitchen no problem at all. Caused a bit of trouble because he kept ending up in their living room chewing various cables. :roll::lol:

You could slide poor Mr McFlurry along the laminate like a duster at first, and he only went on it by mistake.

:lol::lol::lol:

Bubbles hates the laminate in the kitchen. She and Alfie were indoors for a few wks last winter and, whenever I opened the crate door, Alfie would hop straight out and she would just sit there as though there was an invisible force field keeping her in. I had to make a path along the kitchen floor out of various rugs and mats. :lol::lol::lol:

Back