• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help? Breeds xx

lovelybunnies

Young Bun
Hi, I was told by the breeder that my girls were Californian, but someone on here have said they are the wrong colour... she had also told me I had rex's when I haven't lol been totally duped about the breeds! Doesn't bother me of course, but would be nice to be able to say what they are lol

Here is the thread to where my pics of the supposed Californians are...
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253144

Any help would be appreciated :) Thanks in advance :) xx

they dont look like californians?they arent big enough be a full giant breed but id say they have giant in them somewhere?lovely either way:D

Here is a pic of their dad, didn't get a proper look or pic of their mum though

iphonepics043.jpg

xx

dad is californian.please dont say thats his hutch :shock:

It was his hutch!!! Until I rescued him from her...I didn't think she treated them nicely at all, she picked him up by his ears without support anywhere else to get him back in his cage!!! :evil::evil:

Not very Fair at all.. he has a lovely hutch now though xx

Are you in the UK? I would report them to the RSPCA. That hutch is far too small for a bunny of that size (well, a bunny of any size!) and picking them up by the ears is cruel and painful.

the dad is a Californian

your ones look like conti crosses to me

Anyone wanting to adopt a neutered male californian ..we have the gorgeous Davey waiting for a home

I did report... I had got 7 of her 12 rabbits from her, as I couldn't take them all, she has had them all taken away from her, and I don't think she is allowed to breed anymore.. People like her shouldn't be allowed pets. :( xx

Thanks... I couldn't leave them in the state they were in... and what made me take as many as I did, is she said the only fresh veg they get is potato peelings... as in her words "I don't eat veg, so why should I buy it for the animals" I was in shock... when I said to her what my guinea pigs eat, she said I treated them like royalty... I don't think I do, I think I treat my animals with the love, respect and care they need. And yes they get spoilt for choice now when it comes to food lol xx

Back