• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Random act of kindness

Lobo

Mama Doe
A friend who had just buried the dog of another friend asked me if we had buried our bridge bunnies. I told him we had them cremated and the ashes returned in urns and he asked quite a lot about the urn size. He knew how closely bonded they had been in life and that Molly had only lived five weeks after Liam.

A few weeks later he arrived with a hand made lined, aged wooden box and asked if both ashes would fit. It was a perfect size so he gave it to me and said that as they had been inseparable in life so should they be after.

Today is the first anniversary of Liam's passing and they were re-united.

DSCF1625CR.jpg

DSCF1626CR.jpg

DSCF0036R.jpg

What a thoughtful friend. A truly lovely gift.
This sort of thing restores faith that there really are some 'good' people in the world xx

What a truly lovely and thoughtul thing to do and your bunnies were absolutely beautiful. In fact their photo took my breath away. :love:

What a beautiful gesture from a caring friend.
It is good to know there are people out there who get what our buns mean to us. Apart from RUers that is.
The photo is lovely, they were a very beautiful couple.

what a lovely thing to do, so thoughtful. sometimes in life someone will come along and restore your faith in humanity, and i bet most of them don't even realise what an impact their kindness can have!

That is so thoughtful. What a lovely friend. He has really gone out of his way to do something nice. So glad they are at peace together now, beautiful bunnies xx

Thank you to everyone who has read this story of a friend's kindness.

Because it is an anniversary today there has been some sadness but there has also been the comfort that Molly and Liam are together again forever. They bonded themselves at 8 weeks and were separated for a few months for neutering, followed immediately as though they had never been apart; maintaining this total bond for almost 9 years. They had the exuberance of the early years and just grew old together with such grace and dignity. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have been able to share in the lives of these two little rabbits who were so devoted to each other.:angel::love::love:

How incredibly kind & thoughtful of your friend.
They were such beautiful rabbits, & so close together. :love::love::love:
I'm deeply moved by your sad but wonderful story; thank you for posting.

Back