• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Swollen leg

Tom_1494

New Kit
Hi, my rabbit has a swollen foot and will not walk on it so is limping. It doesn't appear to hurt him when his leg is touched. I personally think he may have something stuck in the bottom of his foot?

The leg can move so I don't think it's broken.

Please help me!

Thanks.

You need to take your rabbit to a vet.

There could be many reasons for this problem and we can't easily speculate, plus your rabbit clearly needs some pain relief.

Please seek vet attention tonight.

We have an appointment at 3:30 today with a vet, I would have preferred sooner, but this is the soonest appointment they had, I'll let you know how it goes on

Hi...My sally just resently had 5 babies and has been VERY active. Two days ago I noticed that she was limping and she was not using her back leg. I have been keeping a close eye on it and noticed yesterday that her leg was swollen and twice the size of the her other. Now this morning the leg is swollen to at least three times the size. Does this mean it is broken or sprained? She does jump out of her cage alot on her own.

Hi...My sally just resently had 5 babies and has been VERY active. Two days ago I noticed that she was limping and she was not using her back leg. I have been keeping a close eye on it and noticed yesterday that her leg was swollen and twice the size of the her other. Now this morning the leg is swollen to at least three times the size. Does this mean it is broken or sprained? She does jump out of her cage alot on her own.

Your rabbit needs to be seen by a vet - only by examination can anybody tell you what the underlying issue is. Any swelling can be serious.

I am pretty sure that the leg is broken. Otherwise the swelling would not have been there. I would advise her not to touch it. The first thing she should do is to take it to the veterinarian. I hope that she will let us know how everything went. I would request her to post a photo of her bunny.

Back