• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits Waiting for Homes at RSPCA Ipswich

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Today I went down the RSPCA Centre for the first time in a long time. I went because a few people who adopted from them when I was involved had asked me if there were any bunnies there that they could potentially bond with their single rabbit.

So off I went with my camera. I have a lovely time! I may get reinvolved again, but in a different way.

But here are some of those bunnies currently looking for homes.

Marko (the fluff ball) and YinYang (they have a home to go to, thankfully, and are being collected within the next week, hopefully).

008.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

014-1.jpg

Pixie (the yellow dutch) and Daffodil. They are super cute and snugly, but Pixie does like to bite. They are a gorgeous pair and are very close with each other.

016.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

021-1.jpg

Last edited:
Kyle (The harlequin) and Mary. Kyle and Mary have been at the centre for a while and they managed to bond themselves when Kyle leapt the divide. They bonded super easily, thankfully, and are very happy. Mary has come on a treat since I was last down there. Must less hand shy now.

022.jpg

028.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

Tuffle (the agouti) and Cinders. They were a trio and have been at the Centre since last Christmas when they were dumped at the gates. They have rex in them, but whilst their fur is short, its not full rex fur.

042.jpg

043.jpg

047.jpg

049.jpg

Yule (agouti rex) and Rose. These are not a happy pair and are due to be split. I don’t think Rose is very well, so this is probably why the bond is a bit awry at the moment. Yule is a lovely chap, but he’s gotten so fat!

051.jpg

054.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

Tonic (Chincilla butterfly giant) and Vanilla Ice. These are a new couple and are both lovely bunnies. Vanilla Ice is a right cheeky chappy, but totally loves snuggles and fuss and laps it up. Tonic is more wary of hands, but once you have her, she loves strokes, and relaxes much more.

060.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

067.jpg

Having a snuggle
069-1.jpg

Avoiding a snuggle
070-1.jpg

072.jpg

Much happier after a snuggle. I even got a raised ear
073-1.jpg

Blinky (agouti buttefly) and Daisy. Their water bottle wasn’t working so all they did for me today was try to drink, and when it finally did work, they both drank for England. Daisy used to be super shy but has come out of her shell so much. Blinky is just very confident. He got his name because when he came in he had an eye injury so kept one eye mostly shut.

076-1.jpg

077-1.jpg

081-1.jpg

083-1.jpg

Mungo (tort) and Draughts. Draughts is another one who came in very hand shy but as come on a bundle. Today she looked to me like she has right rear leg weakness, but it doesn’t seem to cause her pain or a problem, but she reminds of my Rosie in the way she moves. Mungo is going to make someone a very soppy, but crazy pet (He reminds me of GrahamL’s Biccy, but he’s easier to handle).

085-1.jpg

086-1.jpg

088-1.jpg

090-1.jpg

091-1.jpg

Zap. Zap is not very well right now but the Centre are doing their best. I suspect she will be bonded with Yule before long.

094-2.jpg

095-2.jpg

Frodo. He is the only single male around. He was a bit skittish at first but when you hold him he snuggles right into you like a baby. He stopped being skittish when I put him down too. He looks horrendous, but he seems to be some sort of agouti lionhead with fluffy fur (not straight lionhead fur) and is moulting, which makes him look even worse.

099-1.jpg

102-1.jpg

103-1.jpg

The Babies! These have a variety of names, but I have no idea which is which. They are lovely, and so, so friendly, but inherently, I think they are fundamentally flawed. They had a sister who died for an unknown reason (currently we believe these are all boys), and at five-six months some of these (the two blues in particular) are significantly smaller and not growing. Only two have any semblance of testicles (two of the butterflies). The other two appear to have testes in the wrong place. The two blue ones show nothing. They show very little hormonal behaviour. They remind me a lot of my foster litter and suspect these will show a series of problems, especially the two blue ones.

104-1.jpg

106-1.jpg

108-2.jpg

113-1.jpg

He is the smallest, but has bags of energy and pops about in a similar way to how my Wish does.
114-2.jpg

This little chap likes to wear his hay all over him, all the time.
116-1.jpg

138-1.jpg

141.jpg

142.jpg

Those in quarantine (I’m unsure of names).

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

006.jpg

125-1.jpg

My goodness! I see what you mean about Wingnut's siblings, they really haven't grown much at all! :shock: So has Treacle got a new home too? :love: Zap too!

All the best

Jo

My goodness! I see what you mean about Wingnut's siblings, they really haven't grown much at all! :shock: So has Treacle got a new home too? :love: Zap too!

All the best

Jo

Hi Jo,

One of the rabbits in quarantine was called Treacle. She has mites currently. She's the fluffball in the last picture in the last post. She's the one on the right

You know if I was looking there for more buns, I honestly wouldn't know which to choose, they just all look so loveable.

Sad about the babies (the litter) - are they likely to get homes or will the centre keep them?

She looks so sad :cry:

She probably is sad. She doesn't get on well with her 'friend' and she's not very well. But she was perky and out and about until I opened the door because she doesn't like hands, and then she went and hid (and then was very unimpressed when I opened her hutch doors).

She's been in the Centre since about April/May, so not as long as many of the others.

She came in with Daisy and they were happily bonded, but they were split so each bunny could be bonded with somebunny else.

You know if I was looking there for more buns, I honestly wouldn't know which to choose, they just all look so loveable.

Sad about the babies (the litter) - are they likely to get homes or will the centre keep them?

The Centre can't keep them. I am trying to find the most vulnerable two a home because otherwise I fear they will die at the Centre (because they are that vulnerable). If I wasn't full I would have brought them home. I suspect the other four may be ok more longer term.

She probably is sad. She doesn't get on well with her 'friend' and she's not very well. But she was perky and out and about until I opened the door because she doesn't like hands, and then she went and hid (and then was very unimpressed when I opened her hutch doors).

She's been in the Centre since about April/May, so not as long as many of the others.

She came in with Daisy and they were happily bonded, but they were split so each bunny could be bonded with somebunny else.

Is there a reason why her and Daisy where split? Could they not be re-bonded? x

Is there a reason why her and Daisy where split? Could they not be re-bonded? x

Because they were a pair of girls. It was done before I could stop it happening, although hopefully it won't be happening again. Daisy is now bonded with Blinky.

I hope Rose finds a loving friend soon.

Back