• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Night-time...

abi2047

Mama Doe
Riley might be able to stay in tonight, depending on Mum's decision. I don't trust leaving him to have run of the hallway, dining room and kitchen so I was wondering if it would be ok if I put him in his wooden run in the kitchen if I put a couple of blankets on top so it doesn't feel so 'open'? The only problem is that the run has been in the rain and it is wet, is there a quick way to dry it or should I just give it a wipe down with an old towel? He will have the hallway, dining room and kitchen to run about in and play until I go to bed which is about midnight maybe later. I am also sleeping in the lounge tonight so I can get up in the night and check on him. Will this be OK?

That sounds a greta plan. Is that before of the fireworks?

Make sure any area that he can get to is fully safe for him (like no wires or plants to chew, no food or anything like that).

That sounds a greta plan. Is that before of the fireworks?

Make sure any area that he can get to is fully safe for him (like no wires or plants to chew, no food or anything like that).

He is indoors now :D I spent 30-45 minutes trying to catch him because when I opened the hutch door he ran out! Grrr! He is a bit scared of the fireworks and is breathing fast but I have offered him some veggies which he wont eat and we are now both sat on the kitchen floor on a blanket next to each other :D

Oh that's so dear, & thoughtful.
I've everything crossed that Riley settles down soon & you have a lovely night together.
I hope your Mum will allow him in tomorrow if there are more fireworks. It usually goes on all w/e here, but fortunately Thumper isn't the slightest bit upset by them.

Oh that's so dear, & thoughtful.
I've everything crossed that Riley settles down soon & you have a lovely night together.
I hope your Mum will allow him in tomorrow if there are more fireworks. It usually goes on all w/e here, but fortunately Thumper isn't the slightest bit upset by them.

He is all settled now and is eating his popcorn chew thingy from P@H :D

:lol: Why?? :D xx
He was obviously very frightened on his own, charging out of the hutch & breathing quickly.
I reckon that the fireworks would have still been going off at 8.30pm. So he trusts you to protect him from loud frightening things he can't understand, & sounds really calm with you.
Rabbits don't trust like that easily. They often go into such a blind panic it's difficult to get through to them. So it looks as if you have the start of a really good relationship with Riley.

I love the way you bring him in for a really good play downstairs every night. He needs the running around but most of all your company. I noticed on another thread that he stayed on your lap for 1/2 hour. You're getting a lovely relationship going with him. I've got a lovely relationship with my bun,Thumper. So I'm really pleased for Riley, & also for you.

He was obviously very frightened on his own, charging out of the hutch & breathing quickly.
I reckon that the fireworks would have still been going off at 8.30pm. So he trusts you to protect him from loud frightening things he can't understand, & sounds really calm with you.
Rabbits don't trust like that easily. They often go into such a blind panic it's difficult to get through to them. So it looks as if you have the start of a really good relationship with Riley.

I love the way you bring him in for a really good play downstairs every night. He needs the running around but most of all your company. I noticed on another thread that he stayed on your lap for 1/2 hour. You're getting a lovely relationship going with him. I've got a lovely relationship with my bun,Thumper. So I'm really pleased for Riley, & also for you.

The fireworks are still going off but Riley has got used to them a bit now and doesn't seem to bother. I am keeping him in all night just to be on the safe side and I am getting up extra early so I can tidy his mess up and then play with him and feed him a lovely breakfast. I have set up a pet carrier, blanket, basket of hay, water bottle and a little box shelter and he has free run of the kitchen, I am going to do a thread on it in a minute so you can understand what I mean. At the moment he is relaxing in the pet carrier (I have taken the door of so he can wonder in and out) so I will leave him to it for a while.
I am so happy that he is trusting me a lot more, when he hopped on my lap he just plonked down and led there for 30+ minutes and I got excited and told my brother to grab the camera off the side and snap a picture quickly. I have gave him some veg, pellets and plenty of hay and he has eaten most of it now :lol: xx

Back