• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding with Spenser / PHOTO ADDED! post 19

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
After yesterday's indoor trauma :( I decided to have a bonding session with Spenser in his pen today. I was sat quite comfortably on the little stool, a travel cup of strong black tea (tea bag left in) in my hand, and Spenser was pottering about giving me funny looks when the rain came on. Teeming down now, so Spenser is back in the hutch and I am sat at the computer typing this. If the rain eases soon I will bring him in, but only to the conservatory as we have the heating on to dry off the washing.

Last edited:
Perseverence is key :) Keep at it. When I spend bonding time with the buns they do tend to look at me like "Why are you in the run? Hoomins don't belong in the run?!" but their curiosity gets the better of them eventually.

Perseverence is key :) Keep at it. When I spend bonding time with the buns they do tend to look at me like "Why are you in the run? Hoomins don't belong in the run?!" but their curiosity gets the better of them eventually.

This this and more this :)

I thought you had aquired another bun then :lol:

Even now if I go into there run part of there accomodation they still look at me like I'm crazy :lol:

Its taken me a year to finally get Honeys trust and its still an ongoing thing, actually sod that Iv'e had her a year and a half so even longer.

After yesterday's indoor trauma :( I decided to have a bonding session with Spenser in his pen today. I was sat quite comfortably on the little stool, a travel cup of strong black tea (tea bag left in) in my hand, and Spenser was pottering about giving me funny looks when the rain came on. Teeming down now, so Spenser is back in the hutch and I am sat at the computer typing this. If the rain eases soon I will bring him in, but only to the conservatory as we have the heating on to dry off the washing.

I might be bringing Riley inside for a few hours as it has been raining a lot today and I want to take lots of piccys :D Once he had been in for a few hours, I will say to mum "He might aswell stay in the night mum? With it being bonfire night aswell." I hope this plan works, she did say he might be able to stay in for bonfire night last week, and when she says might it turns out to be a yes! :lol:
Riley will only be aloud in the kitchen, hallway and maybe the dining room as the heating is in in all the other rooms and these are the only rooms he is aloud in anyway. :lol: xx

I might be bringing Riley inside for a few hours as it has been raining a lot today and I want to take lots of piccys :D Once he had been in for a few hours, I will say to mum "He might aswell stay in the night mum? With it being bonfire night aswell." I hope this plan works, she did say he might be able to stay in for bonfire night last week, and when she says might it turns out to be a yes! :lol:
Riley will only be aloud in the kitchen, hallway and maybe the dining room as the heating is in in all the other rooms and these are the only rooms he is aloud in anyway. :lol: xx

Hope your night in with Riley goes well. Spenser isn't bothered by the fireworks - busy nomming his greens as if nothing was happening.

Hope your bonding going well.
And to change the subject for a moment, i thought i was the only one who left the tea bag in the cup as i drank it, i love the way it just gets stronger and stronger:lol:

Hope your bonding going well.
And to change the subject for a moment, i thought i was the only one who left the tea bag in the cup as i drank it, i love the way it just gets stronger and stronger:lol:

Yes, I like it so that it send a real shudder down you! :D

Hope your night in with Riley goes well. Spenser isn't bothered by the fireworks - busy nomming his greens as if nothing was happening.

I brang Riley in about 10 minutes ago and he is sat next to me now on a blanket in the kitchen :lol: He is breathing quite fast, I have offered Riley some greens but he isn't bothered :(

I brang Riley in about 10 minutes ago and he is sat next to me now on a blanket in the kitchen :lol: He is breathing quite fast, I have offered Riley some greens but he isn't bothered :(

He might not eat in the house. Spenser is always far too interested in his surroundings to eat (or poo) in the house!

hope it went well - hope there wasnt any nipping, chasing or humping :lol::lol: its all normal though in the bonding process :lol::lol:

Spenser exploring the conservatory while my parents were out! ;)

PB050376.jpg

And he likes my fleece blanket!

PB050373.jpg

Thankfully nobody was in to photograph me in the various ungainly positions the afternoon involved. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Back