• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many?

mrbunnylove

Warren Scout
Hi i have 2 rabbits together and they have a large hut and access to their run during the day (used to be a chicken coup so quite spacey). I have mr bunny love who is 5 months neutered male and recently got a 6 week old female to go with him as a pal. The babies were so adorable and i am tempted to go back for another but is 3 a crowd? :roll:

Also what bordum breakers can you recommend? I was thinking a large log of some sort for their run to let them jump and chew on?

Thanks x

Trios can work fine, however, with babies and unspayed girls, you right fights when the hormones are surging.

You may face having two separate bunnies when hormones arrive in your little girl, and if you get another, then you face having three separate rabbits.

If yo can cope with three single rabbits, and have enough space, then that's fine, but if not, then I wouldn't suggest getting anymore, but you could get your pair spayed and then bonded, and then adopt a third from a rescue if you wanted more.

Obviously all that hinges on how much space you have and they have to live in.

I foudn hanging up all there fresh veg was pretty cool, lots of tunnels and boxes, shredded news paper in a tissue box lol

Thanks for all the useful information :) My pair have already bonded in a short time so i think i'll leave them be as they are then.

I have plenty space in my back garden and large hut for the winter so i am looking at buying a large double hutch as keen to get more rabbits they are just adorable.

There is a rescue near me in Dunbar, East Lothian called Bunny Haven. I've never been but have heard about it so might see if they have any pairs for adoption and i can keep in a double hutch with run :D

Thanks for all the useful information :) My pair have already bonded in a short time so i think i'll leave them be as they are then.

I have plenty space in my back garden and large hut for the winter so i am looking at buying a large double hutch as keen to get more rabbits they are just adorable.

There is a rescue near me in Dunbar, East Lothian called Bunny Haven. I've never been but have heard about it so might see if they have any pairs for adoption and i can keep in a double hutch with run :D

She's very much a baby so whilst they are bonded now, they may not remain bonded when her hormones arrive, so be aware of that. Also, depending on when he was neutered, he may still be fertile so be super careful about that, even though she is so young.

Good luck visiting Bunny Haven!

She's very much a baby so whilst they are bonded now, they may not remain bonded when her hormones arrive, so be aware of that.

Will having her neutered help? How soon can i get that done? she's 6 weeks now..

Thannks x

Also, depending on when he was neutered, he may still be fertile so be super careful about that, even though she is so young.

Oh no :shock: Just checked back and he was neutered 2 weeks ago and they have been together not even a week, please tell me she won't be preggers :!: I had just assumed they would be fine after he'd been done.

Will having her neutered help? How soon can i get that done? she's 6 weeks now..

Thannks x

Oh no :shock: Just checked back and he was neutered 2 weeks ago and they have been together not even a week, please tell me she won't be preggers :!: I had just assumed they would be fine after he'd been done.

At 6 weeks she is too young to be away from mum. Where did you get her from? Why did they sell her so early?

She won't be pregnant now, she is far too young, but in the next few weeks, whilst unlikely, its not impossible. Normally bucks need to be kept separate from intact females for 6-8 weeks after a neuter.

Spaying her will help with the bond but that can't be done until 5-6 months (depending on the vet) or a particular weight (again, depending on the vet) and her hormones will surely develop before that.

She can be done ~5 months onwards, after she reaches 1Kg in weight as a general rule of thumb.

Back