• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fenugreek crunchies

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
I'm attempting to wean Louie off Carrot crunchers as he is getting a bit porky plus I think he is addicted :shock:

So I got some Fenugreek crunchies, which he wouldn't touch previously, and he has decided that he likes them afterall :roll: even though they are double the price of the carrot crunchers!

Anyway, how many can you give them per day? At the moment he is getting 1. Trouble is, every time anyone goes into the garage he thinks it's treat time, as that is where we keep them. And, as we all know, it's sooooo hard resisting a little rabbit, up on his back legs, begging for a treat! :oops:

:shock: I feed mine loads more than that. Am I wrong to? I don't mind my lot carrying a little extra weight in the winter though as it all helps to keep them warm as they're outside buns. My Piggies are getting extra as well because one of my sows is a bit skinny and she loves them where the others arn't so fussed so she gets a lot more than the others and hopefully it'll build her up.

I'd just give them as and when and if you notice a weight gain then cut back.

I'm trying to keep mine to one a day each, but they usually get one and a half :oops:

I have to be strict tho, as if they get any more than they a couple of them get slightly squishy poops, so that's a good incentive for me to be firm.

Spenser gets 2 or 3, probably. I haven't noticed any unusual poos. Know what you mean about being hard to resist a 'starving' bunny look - especially if your mother is taking the bunny's side! :roll::roll:

:shock: I feed mine loads more than that. Am I wrong to? I don't mind my lot carrying a little extra weight in the winter though as it all helps to keep them warm as they're outside buns. My Piggies are getting extra as well because one of my sows is a bit skinny and she loves them where the others arn't so fussed so she gets a lot more than the others and hopefully it'll build her up.

I'd just give them as and when and if you notice a weight gain then cut back.

I've noticed that he has got a bit errrm fat I suppose the word is I'm looking for :oops:

It MUST be the carrot crunchers cos there are hardly any calories in herbs and hay and he only has a few pellets per day. But, I suppose I could cut back some more on the pellets too.

Perhaps he should go and live outside then I can't be swayed by the begging :oops:

Spenser gets 2 or 3, probably. I haven't noticed any unusual poos. Know what you mean about being hard to resist a 'starving' bunny look - especially if your mother is taking the bunny's side! :roll::roll:

Trouble is, we are all guilty in this house of being unable to resist the cute bunny :roll::oops:

Biccy & Ginger get one mid morning (about 11am'ish) and another just before bed.

I'm paranoid about them not eating, so i always give them one before bed to make sure i dont need to jump in the car and head to emergency vets.

Biccy & Ginger get one mid morning (about 11am'ish) and another just before bed.

I'm paranoid about them not eating, so i always give them one before bed to make sure i dont need to jump in the car and head to emergency vets.

No problems with not eating with Louie! :lol::lol::oops:

No problems with not eating with Louie! :lol::lol::oops:

not normally with my two either, but knowing Biccy's had mini-non-nomming episodes, im just over cautious me thinks.

See the breakfast thread...they didnt miss a thing :lol:

Bless Louie. Haven't seen an updated picture for AAAAAAGES. *hint hint* :)

not normally with my two either, but knowing Biccy's had mini-non-nomming episodes, im just over cautious me thinks.

See the breakfast thread...they didnt miss a thing :lol:

Bless Louie. Haven't seen an updated picture for AAAAAAGES. *hint hint* :)

I'll get some piccies today :D:wave:

Mine usually get one crunchie each and some dried papaya/pineapple with their pellets. Though on cleaning out days they might get one more just to get them from under my feet :lol:

Helen xx

Yep its deffinately time for some Louie pics.

I think when you've been on the forum for a while you think people will be sick of seeing your buns so stop posting pics (i'm giving it a little rest at the min) The truth is we all like to see new pics of all the buns. :love:

Yep its deffinately time for some Louie pics.

I think when you've been on the forum for a while you think people will be sick of seeing your buns so stop posting pics (i'm giving it a little rest at the min) The truth is we all like to see new pics of all the buns. :love:

I'll stop posting pics one day...promise :lol:

I only give mine one a day. The other day I gave Mini 2 and a half and she had sticky bum. :?

Jimbles and Crumbles get maybe 3 per day :oops:
We did try really hard to limit them to 1 but the crunchies are the only treats they get and it is TOO hard to resist those little baby faces!! :oops:

I've noticed that he has got a bit errrm fat I suppose the word is I'm looking for :oops:

It MUST be the carrot crunchers cos there are hardly any calories in herbs and hay and he only has a few pellets per day. But, I suppose I could cut back some more on the pellets too.

Perhaps he should go and live outside then I can't be swayed by the begging :oops:

Surely not! :shock: Maybe he just has thick fur, like Boudicca's Daisy. :love: Spenser would have nothing to do with carrot crunchers, nor would my rabbit nephew. Not even a nibble. I don't think they even realised they were food. :roll:

Surely not! :shock: Maybe he just has thick fur, like Boudicca's Daisy. :love: Spenser would have nothing to do with carrot crunchers, nor would my rabbit nephew. Not even a nibble. I don't think they even realised they were food. :roll:

Hmmm yes he DOES have thick fur but he also has fat:oops:

I do exactly the same thing as my Parsnip's had to be rushed to the vets 3 times now with statis problems and each time he's gone off his 'crunchies' so a really good early warning system that he's going to have problems. My little Pixie really loves them too :D

Back