• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breeds do you all have?

Spenser is a lionhead cross. He has a wee mane, just between his ears, and furnishings that give him his chubby cheeks look. I don't know what breed he was crossed with. He's a fairly big rabbit, at just under 3 kg.

We have 4 dwarf lops, 2 dutches, 1 angora cross, 1 cashmere lop, 3 lionheads, 1 silver fox and a crossbreed agouti bun.
Personally I will always like dwarf lops, we've had a few stroppy ones but they have generally been lovely.

2 Yellow Giant Papillons :wave:

eta - they are both so mellow and nothing phases them at all!

Last edited:
my first rabbit patch was a dwarf lop, he had the most amazing temperament :love:

smudge was a dwarf lop, only got a week with him so didn't get to know his personality well, but he was cheeky that week. :love:

bisc and matt are mini x dwarf lop cross so i was told. i thought both parents looked like dwarf lops but might be wrong. they weigh 2.2kg ish, and 2.4kg ish, most dwarf lops tend to be slightly heavier so maybe they are crosses. :)

bisc and matt have lovely temperaments aswell. :love:

I've got a Lionhead called the Flopsie. She's a very temeramental little madam and is not a friendly bunny unless there is cabbage on the cards. She's quite poorly at the moment though so we'll let her off :(

We recently rescued a dwarf lop called Skinny Bunny, he's the loveliest bunny in the world. Since he's been putting weight back on though he's less easy to pick up but he still loves a nose rub :)

2 mini lops, 1 lionhead (suspected lionhead/nethie cross), 1 lionhead (definite lionhead/lop cross) :D

I have Frenchies!

In my opinion they are the best "breed". (although have met some extremely special buns that aren't.)

If you're looking for a bun, then I'd go to a rescue and look at them as individuals. Even buns in the same breed will differ so greatly.

I have (foster) a lionhead, and lionhead cross
Another lionhead cross, 2 mini rex's, a Xdutch with something bigger, a mini lop, a cross lop(sort of lol) and a plain black bunny :D

Aww I have 3 Californian Giants, 1 male and 2 female (separate hutches) and 2 black rex girlies.. I have found them all to be very friendly, especially with the kids, although Tulip can be very cheeky and sure of herself at times, but the others just let her lead on lol Lily enjoys the cuddles the most xx

I have Frenchies!

In my opinion they are the best "breed". (although have met some extremely special buns that aren't.)

If you're looking for a bun, then I'd go to a rescue and look at them as individuals. Even buns in the same breed will differ so greatly.

I'm not looking for another bunnie, I have enough for now, I would struggle to find the space for any more :lol:

Just curious in what everyone else had xx

2 dutch x lionhead, 1 standard chinchilla, 1 chinchilla x wildie, 1 lionhead

Our permanent residents are: 1 lionhead, 1 lionhead x netherland dwarf and 1 english x

Parsley - Californian
Gilbert - Rex
Aubrey - Nethie
Ruby my foster bun - Flemish Giant

I have one dwarf lop called Paddy and I have his girlfriend Flo which I thought was a dwarf lop as well but I don't anymore! I intend to post pics to get peoples opinions when I have the Internet again! (3G on iPhone at the mo!!)

I would love a pair of frenchies :love: but can't afford to expand my bunny family at the moment and Paddy and Flo are so gorgeous I wouldn't want to make them jealous :lol:

We've had 2 dutch, 1 dutch x chinchilla, 1 dutch cross something large, 1 castor rex, 1 lionhead cross, 1 giant-think conti but we were told she's mixed breed she's nearly 4 months old and larger than a 3 yr old dwarf lop, 1 minilop, 4 dwarf lops, 3 dwarf helicopter lops, 2 long haired poss cashmere lop crosses, one nethie cross which we adopted but she went back to the rescue as she and her husbun fell out big time-we were her last chance saloon as she had been adopted out and unsuccessfully bonded a few times! Think that's it :)personality wise dutch are very intelligent. affectionate and playful but also can be quite naughty if they get bored! I've had a long haired cross lop who was my soul mate. Then we now have a helicopter lop who's such a fuss pot and loves cuddles and kisses-a couple of the dwarf lops have been similar. The rex is also quite affectionate. The rest have been either indifferent or very nervous.

Back