• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did you change your rescue bunnies names?

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
How many of you kept the name/s your bunny/s came with? Someone asked this on the dog forum I use (with dogs obviously :lol:), and I wondered what about here.

I've only had 4 rescue bunnies. One was 7, and called Flopsey. Even though I'd had a bun called Flopsey before, she knew her name. Then another called Thumper, he came to me as Thumper, and I kept it.

Islay and Jura were called Pippa and Poppy, I'd had a Poppy before, so I thought I'd change them both! :)

I changed them for the following reasons:-

Mabel became Luna (I don't like the name Mabel it reminds me of old fuddy-duddies :lol: and she looked more like a Luna to me)
Sacha became Sora (I didn't like the name Sacha, it didn't really suit her)
Jasper became Smudge (he's jet black, but has a little silver smudge and only I know where it is :love: also neighbour's cat was called Jasper and we didn't want to encourage the cat into the garden by calling its name)

I knew it was fate when I found Russell as I'd decided that's what I wanted my bun to be called and he was already called it!

mr parsley buttons was duey
hazel had no name
sophie no name
pickle no name
harriett was molly
piggies had no names
jessica no name
pepper was snowy
mr bump was ........mr bump:lol:
toffee no name
caramel no name
pooh bear aka pippa was jemima

most of the babies on here have passed away:cry:

When I adopted my two I changed their names to Sprocket and Widget. Gasket and Tappet were not named when I took them in. I'm considering changing the names of Julie and Jordan, to something more in keeping with my two. I'm not keen on Jordan, but I won't decide until I know we are getting them after poor Wingnut.

I kept Dreamer's name, Tinkerbell was called Aqua before, Teddy was called Charlie and Joey had no name as he was a baby.

I named all my buns

Munchkin - no name
Pipkin - Cant remember what rescue called her but it was awful (IMO)
Pumpkin - no name
Luckykins - not a rescue bun
Teddykins - person told me his name was Dave & I sd straight away "not now it isnt!) :lol:
Rosiekins - previously Primrose so not too different

I kept Leo and Lilas names because they really suit them.

Posy was called Bella which I felt was too similar to my daughters name Ella who we often call Ella Bella. After much thought we changed her name to Mariposa or Posy for short.

Peter and Marble were babies and had no name.

Buzz was called Malteaser (which I suppose suited his colouring but not his character) and I resented it because it was typical of a kid naming a rabbit and not really considering its character.

Now he's called Buzz because he's very vocal - he toots and mutters and buzzes and whimpers and thumps, and he's also very masculine, so needed a proper boy name.

I felt the same with Rosie when she came here. Kids again, naming a rabbit with the first thing that comes into their heads. My OH wants to call her Sophie, after Sophos and wisdom, because she's such a wise little bun.

I kept mine because I liked their names (Kane and Sparkle) but I might have changed them if I didn't like them. generally though i like my animals to keep their names - a bit of continuity for them

One bunny was called Prince and we kept that, the other was called Chelsea and we changed that to Poppy cos my OH is a West Ham fan!!:lol:

I kept Walnut and Cranberry because those names really suited them.
I was going to change Bell, but we went to see her and Bell was the perfect name for her.
Pepsi and Feebee used to be called Rasputin and Tunes, I didn't like those names so changed them to something nicer:D

Back