• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My beautiful boys: Then & Now

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Buttercup when he first arrived (approx 6+ months)
bunniesaugust2009064.jpg

The babies - approx 10 - 12 weeks:
bunniesaugust2009038.jpg

The very first picture I took of Blackberry (the day we first met - I took him and the boys home the next day :love:)
Blackberryco005.jpg

And as they are now:

Buttercup
BunniesplayingOct2010042.jpg

Blackberry
BunniesOct2010Blackieposing012.jpg

Clover
Bunniesandblanketssept2010013.jpg

Dandelion
BunniesSept19th2010021.jpg

I never realized that Buttercup was the dad, always thought it was Blackberry :oops::oops:

So sorry about that boys :) do they live in 2 pairs or altogether, if it's in 2 pairs how did you decide who went with who.

I also agree that I think the photo's of them now are better than them as babies.

I never realized that Buttercup was the dad, always thought it was Blackberry :oops::oops:

So sorry about that boys :) do they live in 2 pairs or altogether, if it's in 2 pairs how did you decide who went with who.

I also agree that I think the photo's of them now are better than them as babies.

Buttercup is the daddy, he was left where I worked with his three babies. They were very scraggy looking little thing, but Blackberry was already a little charmer, and stretched up to me for attention, and I was hooked :love: I knew I'd be taking him home, and one of the others as company, and ended up taking all four to the vets the next day for sexing, and by then they all had names, and so they all had to stay :oops::lol:

They were all neutered at the same time, and whilst Buttercup was always top bunny, and Clover was happy to be bottom bunny (he was more interested in food than being the boss), Blackie & Dandelion both wanted to be second in command to Buttercup, and Clover would get biffed in the process.

Dan & Clover went together because Dan wanted to be in charge and Clo was happy for him to be in charge, and Butters and Blackie went together because Butters is the only bunny Blackie would show any respect for :lol:

Dan & Clo are a pair of bachelor boys, whilst with Butter & Blackie it's very much father and son, with Butters having to keep Blackie in check every so often.

I love my boys :love::love::love:

Awwwwww thank you for answering my questions,

I know what you mean about finding a good way for them to live. I have 5 males living together all litter mates it's fascinating watching them sort out the pecking order and woe betide bottom bun stepping out of line with top bun.:( :)

Awwwwww thank you for answering my questions,

I know what you mean about finding a good way for them to live. I have 5 males living together all litter mates it's fascinating watching them sort out the pecking order and woe betide bottom bun stepping out of line with top bun.:( :)

I would have loved for them to stay as a foursome, but it wasn't fair on Clover - they all seem very happy in their pairs now :)

Ah they're gorgeous :love:. Don't think I knew they didn't live as a 4 though, I'm obviously very unobservant :oops:

Back