• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Give Up

Carrie14

Mama Doe
:cry::cry: Every time I increase their space Tulip just shuns Tiesto:cry: When I clean the little cage (they are in for bonding) Tulip keeps trying to jump out:cry:

I rescued them to make them happy and I just make things worse.
I dont know what to do. PLEASE can anyone help? I feel Tulip wants to be on her own too:cry:

Everything has gone bad for them:cry:

Last edited:
Try putting them in a carrier and taking them for a drive for about 20 mins.
It worked for our pair.

But when they are in the small cage they groom and sit next to each other.:?

They were in a tiny hutch when I got them. It was when I gave them space that their bond broke down. ( Before they were spayed.)

I find it pends on the individual bun what is best for them. That said I do believe every bun has a suitable partner somewhere!

I have special needs Raisin here if you fancied trying Tulip with him. He is very shy and timid, and blind in one eye.

You never know, the dynamics of a group change in bonding, so maybe trying them as a four, Tulip may find a suitable friend ine one of the group, and in time befriend the others?

You are not making things worse. I think that you have to remember that bunnies are bunnies with their own personalities and they don't always co-operate with us, other bunnies, or even with themselves :)roll:).

You're doing all you can to do the best for them. Sometimes we try things and it doesn't work, or it takes longer than we would like, but that's ok.

It's all about learning, which is what you are doing :)

It does take time for them to settle. How long since you started the bond? Some buns take longer than others. As has been said a four might work better :D

I find it pends on the individual bun what is best for them. That said I do believe every bun has a suitable partner somewhere!

I have special needs Raisin here if you fancied trying Tulip with him. He is very shy and timid, and blind in one eye.

You never know, the dynamics of a group change in bonding, so maybe trying them as a four, Tulip may find a suitable friend ine one of the group, and in time befriend the others?

Tulip has to eat an obscene amount of food to keep her weight on. She has severe scaring to her lungs and always breaths heavily. Since I started theri bond she has lost weight and Tiesto is HUGE.

Raisin sounds wonderful. I hope he gets a home soon. Oliver has said no more buns, otherwise I would be looking for a chesty bun for Tulip:(

You are not making things worse. I think that you have to remember that bunnies are bunnies with their own personalities and they don't always co-operate with us, other bunnies, or even with themselves :)roll:).

You're doing all you can to do the best for them. Sometimes we try things and it doesn't work, or it takes longer than we would like, but that's ok.

It's all about learning, which is what you are doing :)

Thank you for your wise words:) I just wanted to make them happy and it really feels likeI have failed:cry:

It does take time for them to settle. How long since you started the bond? Some buns take longer than others. As has been said a four might work better :D

They have been in the cage for 10 days. I increased space on day 7. Too soon? I have tried again today.

They have been in the cage for 10 days. I increased space on day 7. Too soon? I have tried again today.

No that doesnt sound that soon. It took my four a couple of weeks to settle properly when they moved back into their shedwell bella really :roll:) still have the odd chase now and then

Back