• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I do hope he was joking!! **cry**

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Its a long story but my OH brother has just been talking to me on facebook chat ....

OH (josh) has fallen out with his family, His mum has a new boyfriend - the 4th man shes had and she has 4 babies by 4 different men -my OH being the eldest. Well Josh has disowned his mum - she does nothing but cause trouble and had an argument with josh just because josh wont add her new bf on facebook!! its pathetic!!

Anyway

Joshs 'brother' who we talk to (hes only 14) has just said to me "mum wants her rabbit back"!!! talking about Sooty :cry::cry::cry: Josh rescued sooty from his mum and then step dad when she was 4 weeks old - they had bred their rabbits and then wanted rid of them as some as you know Sooty was in a right state and at deaths door when we got her :roll:
Surely they cant just get the rabbit back?? she is only doing it to hurt us and anyway there is NO WAY on earth she will get Sooty back anyway!!!
But arrrghhhh :censored::censored::cry::cry::cry: we dont need this!!

How can you prove ownership of a rabbit?

ETA - This is Sooty when she arrived
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=218988

Last edited:
How can you prove ownership of a rabbit?

AFAIK, you can't unless they're ringed or catalogued somehow. As far as anyone's concerned, she's yours now.

Do you have pictures of her when she arrived? Just thinking it would provide evidence that she wasn't being looked after in her previous home.

you can't prove it basically, but they couldnt either.

Rediculous to request Sooty back. They are doing it out of spite, clearly.

Personally, i'd ignore it, until / if they actually ask you for Sooty back, rather than a facebook conversation, which could be totally mis-construed etc, as with all forms of digital communication.

Jesus - that's horrible!!!!

Poor Josh.

I think you have the pictures to prove it - that picture of Sooty when you got her, that will prove it to anyone sane!

If she is registered at your vets under your name and you have paid for all vet treatment (vaccs / neutering etc), she is 100% yours.

She doesn't have a leg to stand on. x

Its not her rabbit she's yours. She can't do anything about proving she is hers so I'd just ignore her.

Helen xx

Yes I have piccies - this is her when she arrived

babysooty.jpg

Theres no way she could get the bun back. I doubt very much that she'd take it to a small claims court, even if she did, you have all the vet records etc!

Dont worry, theres no chance your bunny is going anywhere. :D

If she is registered at your vets under your name and you have paid for all vet treatment (vaccs / neutering etc), she is 100% yours.

She doesn't have a leg to stand on. x

Yup shes under our name and address - she actually went to the vets the day after he bought her home as I thought she might have mites so they have her registered with us from a really young age!! as well as having her spay and vaccs all at the same vets - thanks you for that - good thinking - has put my mind at rest!!!

If anyone (ie RSPCA or whatever) gets involved and you show them that pic I doubt they will send her back to them!! I know it must feel really upsetting but please don't worry. *insert hug smilie here* :)

-hug-

Why was she hairless like that?

And as said because she's under your name and the vet can vouch that she is the rabbit that has been seen at vets, then they really don't have any ground on taking her back.

-hug-

Why was she hairless like that?

And as said because she's under your name and the vet can vouch that she is the rabbit that has been seen at vets, then they really don't have any ground on taking her back.

She was the runt of the litter and by far the smallest - she was getting bullied by the others - the vets just said it was stress and the mum was likely to be 'plucking' her :(

Just ignore it. She is yours and you have the vet bills to prove you have been responsible for her. You should be very proud of yourself to have helped her so much. Some people :shock:

They are beautiful :love:

Back