PDA

View Full Version : Can I pull loose hair out?

William
04-11-2010, 03:59 PM
I was wondering if its okay to pull out the loose fur on a moulting rabbit? My Timmy and Ben are moulting horribly, it easily comes out in big clumps if I gently pull it. I did that yesterday because some of the bits sticking out were driving me nuts and Timmy licked my hand all over as I pulled it out :) I'm not sure if the fur is supposed to come out by itself though? I know you can brush them when they're moulting but with this its kinda pointless. :?

Sky-O
04-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Yup, that's fine, but be aware that some bunnies seem to see it as similar to when they are being nipped and the fur pulled out by a bonded friend, so they may not like it very much. You may also have to suck up after.

thenamesJT
04-11-2010, 04:03 PM
My bun Rodge seems to like it when I gently pull clumps of moulting fur off him. I also use glove brush so I can stroke him at the same time as grooming him! :D

Shellypops
04-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Carlo loves it, and Bobby hates it

William
04-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Oooh, good. I have OCD with this. I can't stand seeing the fur sticking out, so I'm glad its okay to pull out. Timmy loves it, I guess he thinks I'm grooming him because he grooms me at the same time. Ben doesn't object and will lick me if I rub his back at the same time :lol:

Shellypops
04-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Oooh, good. I have OCD with this. I can't stand seeing the fur sticking out, so I'm glad its okay to pull out. Timmy loves it, I guess he thinks I'm grooming him because he grooms me at the same time. Ben doesn't object and will lick me if I rub his back at the same time :lol:

Ahh they sound like two very loving bunnies, I have one groomer, and one narky cow! :lol:

ETA just realisesd your in the states Narky Cow means: Grumpy Madame :lol: