• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I pull loose hair out?

William

Wise Old Thumper
I was wondering if its okay to pull out the loose fur on a moulting rabbit? My Timmy and Ben are moulting horribly, it easily comes out in big clumps if I gently pull it. I did that yesterday because some of the bits sticking out were driving me nuts and Timmy licked my hand all over as I pulled it out :) I'm not sure if the fur is supposed to come out by itself though? I know you can brush them when they're moulting but with this its kinda pointless. :?

Yup, that's fine, but be aware that some bunnies seem to see it as similar to when they are being nipped and the fur pulled out by a bonded friend, so they may not like it very much. You may also have to suck up after.

My bun Rodge seems to like it when I gently pull clumps of moulting fur off him. I also use glove brush so I can stroke him at the same time as grooming him! :D

Oooh, good. I have OCD with this. I can't stand seeing the fur sticking out, so I'm glad its okay to pull out. Timmy loves it, I guess he thinks I'm grooming him because he grooms me at the same time. Ben doesn't object and will lick me if I rub his back at the same time :lol:

Oooh, good. I have OCD with this. I can't stand seeing the fur sticking out, so I'm glad its okay to pull out. Timmy loves it, I guess he thinks I'm grooming him because he grooms me at the same time. Ben doesn't object and will lick me if I rub his back at the same time :lol:

Ahh they sound like two very loving bunnies, I have one groomer, and one narky cow! :lol:

ETA just realisesd your in the states Narky Cow means: Grumpy Madame :lol:

Back