• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

guinea pig babies

unalakey

Mama Doe
Hi, awhile ago i helped rescue some guinea pigs from someone with learning disabilities who had males and females living together in a box:roll: anyway i took the males (Kayj rehomed them) and a friend took the females, two females have now given birth to 9 babies between them and are thriving, please can you let me know what age she needs to remove any male babies? Thanks

Given I know nothing about guinea pigs, but is it 3 weeks?

ETA- I don't even know why I felt a need to reply to this, because I actually genuinely know nothing. So I will say good on you for taking them.

What's going to happen to the babies?

Are baby guinea pigs called guinea piglets?

Not sure:? They are two weeks old now, my friend who has the two females is keeping one baby for each mum, then i think she has found good homes for the others. I wished i'd taken the females now:cry: love baby piggies but not sure i'd of been able to rehome them and i already have 7 of my own.

Yes it's 3 weeks, providing they are all fit and well.

I call them pups, but I have no idea if it's the correct term or not.

Yes it's 3 weeks however some boys mature quicker so if you see him trying to mate mum from about 2 weeks you should remove him our bumble started at 2and a half weeks :shock:

New born piggies about 4 hours old

babies087.jpg

Back