• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nora the Explorer

Joh619

Alpha Buck
I've started working the later shift at work so now my OH gets up first so feeds the bunnies.

We moved them inside a few weeks ago for the winter. They have the full run of the conservatory but there's a little P@H cheapy hutch in the corner just to put their litter tray in. They had this in there all last year and had no problems with it. We put the bags of pellets and hay and stuff on the top of the hutch for storage.

Anyway, this morning I"m lying in bed and my OH shouts "erm...Nora's ontop of the hutch" I ran downstairs and she had apparently jumped down again. So i went in and said hello seems as though I was there and then went out to go back up to bed. As soon as I shut the door I saw her looking at the top of the hutch and then she just jumped up! I didn't think she'd be able to jump that high - especially from standing!

So now i've had to move all their stuff onto the table on the other side of the room that's a bit higher, and tidy everything out of the way incase she jumps up again while I"m at work. And I get to worry about her hurting herself jumping back down, although she did manage to jump all the way back onto the rug so hopefully she'll be OK. May need to add more hutch defences!

I'd upload some photos of her but it won't let me at work :(

My bunnies jump on top of their hutches all the time. It's especially cute to see my mini lop jump back down again as he tends to pretend he's he flying squirral and tries to glide through the air :lol: To be fair he does get quite far!

I have to keep everything I don't want nibbbled, pushed out of the way, kicked, rolled on, very high up. I accidently left a coffee mug on there the other day and that proptly got kicked on to the floor and smashed :roll:

I have just had a thought though, mine is only a one story hutch. Very impressive if she's doing it off a two storey one :shock:

Wow, that's impressive. My lad is not really a jumper - gets into enough mischief. Pity about the photos - keep trying. :wave:

She's a bit blurry, but she wouldn't stand still :)

With added Walter for scale.

IMG_1254.jpg

Back