• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did some cyclap detective work!Can it cause long term problems?

willowholly

Mama Doe
Barley & Dill had their cyclap jabs yesterday,both were drowsy when got home so googled side effects.Knew it could cause hind leg problems but it also mentioned forepaw weakness.So did some detective work & found the first time B showed "muscle weakness"in her right forepaw was TWO days after her cyclap,two weeks after we got her.Why on earth did the vet not pick up on this at the time?!!
She had more problems with that paw over a year later-no where near her next vhd jab which was actually lapinject that time so do you think its just a coincidence & she has got muscle weakness or do you think the initial side effect had caused long term problems with that paw,or is that not possible?

I was worried about my bun having cylap (there's a couple of threads on here about it) but actually, he was fine.

I've not actually heard of the side affects or if this could be one. I hope someone else can come along and advise better. x

Did you read this link?

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Pfizer_Limited/Cylap/-44936.html

It says that any effect like that should clear after 48 hours. I have to admit I didn't know it was as high as 50% of animals showing side effects after cyclap!:shock:

Still, it is a bit of a coincidence :? I wonder if anyone else has experienced this with their bunnies? Has your vet said what he thinks might have caused Barley's muscle weakness?x

Did you read this link?

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Pfizer_Limited/Cylap/-44936.html

It says that any effect like that should clear after 48 hours. I have to admit I didn't know it was as high as 50% of animals showing side effects after cyclap!:shock:

Still, it is a bit of a coincidence :? I wonder if anyone else has experienced this with their bunnies? Has your vet said what he thinks might have caused Barley's muscle weakness?x

They said she could've had an accident as a baby or confined to too small an area.She hasn't had it for a couple of years,no side effects from cyclap this time so maybe just a coincidence!

Last edited:
Back