• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My sisters french lop.U/D she's rehoming him

karen354

Warren Veteran
Poor lad he's been a bit neglected for the last few months :( his owners had split up and the boyfriend had been feeding him and changing his water but he's had no love for a while.

My sister was asked to take him even though she has no idea when it comes to rabbits. . She has two sheep dogs which does worry me a little, she introduced the rabbit to her dogs last night and she said they didn't bother with the bun.

Anyway she's took him and is asking me lots of questions which is good. I met him today and he is overweight and his eyes look a little weepy. He's nervous which is understandable as the his owners son used to poke sticks at him through the hutch :censored: little sod!!!
Jadenewbunny.jpg

Last edited:
He's stunning!!!! :love::love::love::love::love:

He is :love::love:.. He came in a large hutch but still not big enough for his size. He's been fed on very little hay and lots of museli .

I've only got average size but so I can't really advise her on how much food to feed. Would allen and page pellets be okay for him?

He is :love::love:.. He came in a large hutch but still not big enough for his size. He's been fed on very little hay and lots of museli .

I've only got average size but so I can't really advise her on how much food to feed. Would allen and page pellets be okay for him?

Allen and Page are very good for Giants. Mine are on Wagg pellets (they're quite cheap as far as pellets go.)

If he's used to museli, and doesn't select feed then he could have Mr Johnson's Supreme mix...which is extremely good for Frenchies, and keeps them in a really good condition.

Hes very hansome, And its really good of your sister to take him on, and to be asking lots of questions! Questions are good! :thumb:
Best of luck to her.

How sad :cry: my sister just phoned to ask if I could have Flopy/ Thumper.
I can't take him I've spent so much money over the last 3 months on vet bills it's just not possible, and i have no room.
I hope he doesn't go back to the lad that didn't look after him very well.

Why on earth did she take him on and then decide she didn't want him?! :( :(

I hope he gets a wonderful home....unfortunately the inn is full over here.

ETA: try to get her to rehome him on here, rather than giving him back!

To be honest I knew she wouldn't keep him, that's why I was so shocked when she told me she was having him. She's asked me to help her rehome him on here .

To be honest I knew she wouldn't keep him, that's why I was so shocked when she told me she was having him. She's asked me to help her rehome him on here .

Has he been to the vet yet and had his eye and teeth checked?

No she hasn't took him to the vets. I've not seen him for a week or so but my sister said his eyes look fine to her now. I noticed his eyes looked a bit weepy when she first had him .

Back