• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rusty is really scared of the fireworks...

Can't you bring them in? I know there is the issue of temp change, but if they could be in the coldest room of the house it should be OK. Spenser isn't bothered, but we haven't had that many so far.

I dont have anything to house them in if they came inside:cry:....and while Rusty likes coming in occasionally he never manages to fully relax....not sure what the lesser of two evils is....Will probably leave him tonight (check on him in a few mins n see how he is) but will get some calm remedy to add to their water maybe 2moro?

I dont have anything to house them in if they came inside:cry:....and while Rusty likes coming in occasionally he never manages to fully relax....not sure what the lesser of two evils is....Will probably leave him tonight (check on him in a few mins n see how he is) but will get some calm remedy to add to their water maybe 2moro?

I don't have anything to house Spenser in, but have had him in for up to a few hours. I don't know anything about calm remedy, but have seen in mentioned a few times on here. If he seems really stressed maybe trying bringing him in until the fireworks are over for the night? Is Pip Rusty's partner?

Yes - they are now officially married :) she isnt fussed by them & they have died down now...just looked & they were munching hay...

Bit worried about fri nite - but will see how it is...guess I could bunny proof somewhere indoors but sometimes they go on until past midnight...lucky I dont have work Sat am!

I'm sure you'll work something out for them if necessary. :) We had a local firwork display in the summer, and of course I rushed out to see if Spenser was OK. He was sat there head down and busy nomming his caecotrophs. :lol: I will be keeping a watchful eye though, as the summer display was quite distant and I expect this weekend folk will be setting them off in their gardens. :roll:

He lives outside with Pip....I dont know what to do....my poor Rustykins :(

my vet gives me some avripro i put it in some watered down fruit juice which they love :love: meant to reduce stress and i also cover them up with alot of ground sheets

Some fireworks were going off round here a couple of days ago and Louie was very worried by them and he is a houserabbit.

I'm going to attempt to give him some Rescue Remedy tomorrow night and hopefully that will help him.

Back