• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am i being silly bunny dad.

loobysarmy

Warren Scout
My 2 girls were in for thier spay last friday and all went well. They came home saturday night and had a quiet night, as to be expected.

Sunday they were fine and were getting back to themselves.

Miss Molly always follows me in the morning because she knows "I'm the FOOD man" and she still does.
Bosie usually comes out her crate circles me, looks for some nose rubs and generally like me to lay on the floor so she can sniff, inspect and then lick my head. I work nights, so i figure shes missed me.

Thats the usual routine.

Now bosie doesnt even aknowledge me. No more coming to me. No more licks/kisses. No inspecting and sniffing. Nothing. All i am to her is an obstical in her way. Saying that, she did sniff my finger before i left the house. Prob because i had some tomatoe suace on it from eating a chip.

Now i dont know if its just me buty it feels like i've been dumped.

Silly i know. I hope she's just huffing because i've cut her free range time down (to let her heal better).

Woe is me....:cry:

Is she off colour? is she eating drinking and pooing? if i remember when grace was spayed she was a bit off with me for a week or so, i swear she was keeping her distance incase i took her back to the nasty vets again. xxx

When do they go back for their checkup, is she healing OK and eating and drinking OK. It could just be some bunnies heal and feel better quicker than overs. I suspect she will be back to her usual self soon.

They had thier first check up yesterday and are getting another one next week. They are eating and pooing as normal. They have no health issues.
I really think its me. Bosie is aparently fine with my O/H.

bearing a grudge. give it time and fenugreek crunchies.

Well i do have some special hay ( hay experts sample packs) to try her with when i'm on my 4 off.
I dont have any crunchies. My 2 have never had them:shock: Does that make me the only bunny parent not to have used them yet....:lol:

I think it takes a fair while for them to trust us again, grace wouldnt come near me for a week or so after her spay. xxx

Well i do have some special hay ( hay experts sample packs) to try her with when i'm on my 4 off.
I dont have any crunchies. My 2 have never had them:shock: Does that make me the only bunny parent not to have used them yet....:lol:

:lol: mine didn't have them till they were two, i think. till after i came here, anyway. i thought treats were always bad. but when you're really in trouble, that nibblesome snack can be a great peacemaker...:lol:

when little matthew was snipped, he wanted to come to mummy for a big cuddle as soon as he got home. i felt such a heel. i love that rabbit.

tabby was ill after her spay. i didn't know she loved me until i took her for her stitches out, and she lay still on my arm, looking at me so trustingly, after she'd had such a hard time. my little girl bun. i love her.

Last edited:
Back