• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will Riley be ok...

abi2047

Mama Doe
I stuffed his bed full of hay about 20 mins ago when I gave him his dinner and I have just been to check on him and he has flattened all the hay. It was all fluffy and full now its all flat! Will he be ok?

I stuffed his bed full of hay about 20 mins ago when I gave him his dinner and I have just been to check on him and he has flattened all the hay. It was all fluffy and full now its all flat! Will he be ok?

mine always flatten the hay, casper looks cross everytime i fluff it up when i change his bed :lol: i just put more in untill he makes a little nest looks really snuggly but not very economical :lol:

He'll probably be fine. When you stuff it in, you can make a little hole into it and a nest in the middle, and bank it up the sides, to give him the best chance of NOT flattening it. Its not that cold right now though (compared to how it can get and has been), so he should be fine.

He'll probably be fine. When you stuff it in, you can make a little hole into it and a nest in the middle, and bank it up the sides, to give him the best chance of NOT flattening it. Its not that cold right now though (compared to how it can get and has been), so he should be fine.

Thats all good then :D

I thnk bunnies like to rearrange their furnishings, including flattening of hay. We poor bunny mummies can never get it right. :roll: Spenser does not even sleep in his bedroom. Also, as Sky-O says, it's not actually that cold yet, certainly not for a bunny with a warm furry coat.

I thnk bunnies like to rearrange their furnishings, including flattening of hay. We poor bunny mummies can never get it right. :roll: Spenser does not even sleep in his bedroom. Also, as Sky-O says, it's not actually that cold yet, certainly not for a bunny with a warm furry coat.

How come Spenser doesn't sleep in his bedroom :?

How come Spenser doesn't sleep in his bedroom :?

He uses it as his toilet. :roll::shock: It is the ONLY place he will pee, and the vast majority of his poos are done there. I have had him in the house for up to 3 hours sometimes, and he has never done anything. Spenser's hutch has an underrun - I have put a little mat and a cardboard box in to insulate the place he likes to sit.

He uses it as his toilet. :roll::shock: It is the ONLY place he will pee, and the vast majority of his poos are done there. I have had him in the house for up to 3 hours sometimes, and he has never done anything. Spenser's hutch has an underrun - I have put a little mat and a cardboard box in to insulate the place he likes to sit.

Awww bless, Riley just poo's and wee's where ever he pleases :lol: Is it easier for you to clean that way?

Awww bless, Riley just poo's and wee's where ever he pleases :lol: Is it easier for you to clean that way?

Much easier! I just use a lot of newspaper, and changed it daily. Obviously I change the soiled hay and straw, but a good bit of it is fine for the next day. It just takes minutes, and no litter tray to clean.

I think you said Riley was neutered on another thread? That's supposed to make them easier to litter train. :? Spenser isn't neutered, but he is quite a tidy bunny.

Much easier! I just use a lot of newspaper, and changed it daily. Obviously I change the soiled hay and straw, but a good bit of it is fine for the next day. It just takes minutes, and no litter tray to clean.

I think you said Riley was neutered on another thread? That's supposed to make them easier to litter train. :? Spenser isn't neutered, but he is quite a tidy bunny.

Yes he is neutured, well I guess he is as the woman I got him from said he was :shock:

Might be worth getting him checked. :? Sorry if you've already mentioned this, but how old is he and how long have you had him?

He is due for nail clipping and a health check soon anyway so will ask them to check him. He is approx 1 year old, and I have had him since June :)

He is due for nail clipping and a health check soon anyway so will ask them to check him. He is approx 1 year old, and I have had him since June :)

well do you see testicles? if you do then im afraid he isnt neutered if you dont or they are very small/shrivelled then he is neutered thats the easiest way to explain it how small/shrivvled they are depends on how long since the op (other thing is contact other owner and ask for vet contact details that way you can confirm his op date! ) x

He's about the same age as Spenser then, who was about 7 months old when I got him in April so would turn 1 September/October. Taking Riley for a health check and nail clip is another thing that makes you a good bunny mummy. :)

well do you see testicles? if you do then im afraid he isnt neutered if you dont or they are very small/shrivelled then he is neutered thats the easiest way to explain it how small/shrivvled they are depends on how long since the op (other thing is contact other owner and ask for vet contact details that way you can confirm his op date! ) x

I will give him a check tomorrow and if I don't know then I will ask the vets :lol: :)

He's about the same age as Spenser then, who was about 7 months old when I got him in April so would turn 1 September/October. Taking Riley for a health check and nail clip is another thing that makes you a good bunny mummy. :)

Thankyou, I just want the best for him. By the way Spenser is gorgeous :D

also the vets can show you how to clip his claws yourself in the future (saving you pennies) he will always get a health check before each vacc(3 times a year as myxo every 6 months and vhd every year) iv found that if i book them in for a vaccination its cheaper than a consultation for a routine health check, for future ref :) its a good idea to get a first health check now anyway though as you and he are relativly new to each other! :)

also the vets can show you how to clip his claws yourself in the future (saving you pennies) he will always get a health check before each vacc(3 times a year as myxo every 6 months and vhd every year) iv found that if i book them in for a vaccination its cheaper than a consultation for a routine health check, for future ref :) its a good idea to get a first health check now anyway though as you and he are relativly new to each other! :)

I wouldn't trust myself to clip his nails myself :oops:
I have to have a chat with the vet about his injections as I don't know if he has had any. :?

Back