• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having a rough few days

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Im really stressed atm, we had a rabbit in at the vets yesterday for an eye removal, a rabbit thats reserved and has been in care a long time with no problems now has watery eyes and needs a dental friday and then ive possibly got a rabbit being returned that was rehomed a few months ago :cry: We are literally over flowing here at the moment, we have 16 6/7 week old babies (2 litters of 8) and then another pregnant female thats just come into care and no spare hutches! We also have 2 rabbits that i cant see being rehomed, both have severe eye problems and tooth problems :cry:

And to top it off, we have very few fundraising volunteers so Friday im doing a microchiiping event from 9am to 5pm with 1 other volunteer for the whole day and then Saturday we have another event where again its only me and the same volunteer :(

Running a rescue is such hard work, people say they will help and the help never materialises. Rant over :oops:

Sorry you're having such a tough time there. :( You do a fantastic job - I'm sure the furries are all very grateful. Hope you get some more help in soon.

Oh so sorry you are having such a tough time - good luck with the fundraiser at the weekend and big hugs x

Sorry you're having such a tough time there. :( You do a fantastic job - I'm sure the furries are all very grateful. Hope you get some more help in soon.

I agree.

Its a torrid job when you're dealing with people and the practicalities, and its totally neverending. You do an amazing job despite all that.

Just looking at your post again - I hope you and the voluneer manage to get lunch at some point on those busy days.

aww sounds stressful, I really wish i was near a rescue as I would love to help with things like this - hummpphhh

Just looking at your post again - I hope you and the voluneer manage to get lunch at some point on those busy days.

I very much doubt we will on Friday, but on Saturday we have a volunteer to cover 11 - 1 which is good as that gives us a few hours to get a cuppa tea and a sandwich :)

Thank you for the lovely PMs ive recieved, its just such hard work at times, well most the time, but the poorly bunnies are the main worrying issue :( Ive now just had a call about a poorly foster cat **gets worry beads out**

Sorry for moaning, i know most of you do the same, if not more than me :( x

Oh sorry to hear things are not so good at the moment if we lived near we would certainly come and help, I hope things get brighter for you and you get some more volunteers. :)

i bet it is so much hard work, i was telling someone the other day i dont think i would cope having a rescue, two buns gives me enough stress already :lol: shows your such a caring person though and you will do your best for these buns in need :love: id like to offer some help at the rescue in-between work but i dont know where to start looking :roll:

Sorry things are bad at the moment :(. I hope they pick up soon xx

It's a shame I'm working on Friday and busy on Saturday or I'd have come and helped :(

I'm sorry to hear things are so stressful at the moment :(

I really hope your fundraisers go well and that you manage to find some more volunteers to help soon. You do such a fantastic job.

Sorry things aren't good for you at the moment, but think off all the successful re-homings and the animals you ahev helped :)

If you are really stuck I could possibly come and microchip for you, trained with pet Detect and have own insurance x

Back