• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brendy Bum - our handsome lad

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I have started bonding Brendan with Mini Mouse this morning. I am hoping for a stress free bond as brendan is really poorly with his breathing at the moment :(
I wouldn't normally attempt to bond a bunny who is so ill but he has really gone down hill since loosing both wives so close together so thought companionship may improve his health :) Mini is also really down since loosing Fidget a couple of weeks of go, so thought it would help them both to cuddle up together.

There has been a bit of a scrap but nothing serious. Neither of them can breathe that well and Brendan's mobility is seriously limited now ( he has 3 legs and is getting on a bit), hasn't stopped him giving Mini a nip on the nose though, so now Mini smacks him in the face with her paw when he goes over!

PB031063.jpg

PB031065.jpg

PB031066.jpg

PB031069.jpg

He's a handsome lad, despite all his problems. :love: I can just see Mini Mouse giving him a smack - suppose she feels she has to stand up for girlie bunnies' rights! Hope they settle down for some cuddle time soon.

They have settled down a lot now, but think it will be a while before we have cuddles. Just hope we can get some sleep tonight :?

The minute I typed that Brendan started chasing Mini about. They are both wheezing at opposite ends of the cage now. I really hope it calms down as I really don;t want to seperate them as I think they actually do like each other. But at the same time i don;t want to risk their health :?

*Ahem... pictures of Mini?! ... Cough cough* ;)

Brendan's really cute! I hope the bond will work out in the end. :love:

The minute I typed that Brendan started chasing Mini about. They are both wheezing at opposite ends of the cage now. I really hope it calms down as I really don;t want to seperate them as I think they actually do like each other. But at the same time i don;t want to risk their health :?

Sounds a bit alarming, but I am uninitiated in the ways of elderly bunnies. Is the wheezing due to their health/age, or a sign of aggression? Sending hopeful 'happy couple' vibes in their direction. :wave:

Sounds a bit alarming, but I am uninitiated in the ways of elderly bunnies. Is the wheezing due to their health/age, or a sign of aggression? Sending hopeful 'happy couple' vibes in their direction. :wave:

Brendan had chronic pneumonia and Mini has damaged lungs too. i actually think I am more concerned about it than they are. There isn;t really any aggression as such, Brendan just doesn't want Mini moving around the cage. It happens quite a lot during bondings, fingers crossed we can get through the night and all will be calmer tomorrow :)

Brenden is really lovely, love his mane :love: Such a shame they both lost their partners after such short times together, hope the bonding works x

How are they getting along now?

Its a bit calmer now :D Brendan is still chasing mini every so often but not a hair has been lost through the whole thing. If Mini wasn't 9 years old and had breathing problems I wouldn't worry, but I keep having visions of her collapsing with heart failure :oops: She seems fine though, I think it is me having the heart failure! :lol:

Back