• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Catching Spenser ... it's getting worse!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
It's just as well I'm not tutoring until 6.30pm, because Spenser simply will not be caught! And yes, I have tried a fenugreek crunchie - he has perfect grab-and-run ... :roll: I finally enticed him out from behind the piano with an umbrella (he found the wooden handle) fascinating, but he has now slithered through my hands and is chilled out under the couch in the conservatory. It didn't help matters that at one point during the chase I developed a fit of the giggles. :lol: He's so dainty and quick on his paws it's really quite impressive. Yesterday I had to resort to capturing him with the washing basket, but even that is no use until he comes out from under the couch. Hey-ho ... back to the fray.

PA120401-1.jpg

Difficult to negotiate with a rabbit in this position! :roll:
This one is just as tricky:

PA290375.jpg

Are neutered bunnies easier to catch? :?

Last edited:
Oh they're excellent at finding places to hide! :lol: I got round that problem by making it so mine don't have places to hide. :lol: Although Mini tends to hide in their litter tray which is a bit awkward to get to sometimes!

Maybe he'd like to be a housebun ;)......or he is just a cheeky little minxy bunny that likes to watch his mommy run around :lol:

My best advice is to get lots of massive catalogues (free ones from argos and tescos) and stuff them in between the gaps in furniture. Neuturing doesn't stop them loving investigating but growing up to an adult size with big botty definately stops them getting into to out of reach places!! :)

Maybe he just wants to stay in the house susie? or does it do it when outside too? xx

There is one massive obstacle to him moving inside - he will not poo or pee indoors. He's been in for up to 3 hours a couple of times and done nothing, even although I set up a tray in the conservatory. He will ONLY poo in the bedroom of his hutch, or a special corner of his run when it is on grass.

There is one massive obstacle to him moving inside - he will not poo or pee indoors. He's been in for up to 3 hours a couple of times and done nothing, even although I set up a tray in the conservatory. He will ONLY poo in the bedroom of his hutch, or a special corner of his run when it is on grass.

Ahhh i see thats how charlie was at first. xxx

I think susie would be better with a dog crate. xx

Yes, Spenser's hutch is really heavy. I honestly wouldn't be happy even asking my Dad and the other guys in the street to do it (not young and straping enough). One big problem of having Spenser is that he resolutely refuses to toilet anywhere but in the bedroom of his hutch. :? I'm told neutering would help with this, but am sceptical because it is not as if he is pooing and peeing everywhere. He is actually very tidy for an uncastrated buck.

oh Spenser :love::love: can I trade a moody pair of loppish bunnies for you?? You are so much fun :love: the trouble is the more you chase them around the harder it gets to catch them!

:love::love::love:

I'm so glad Alfie and Bubbles are trained to take themselves back off home at the sound of the rattling pellet bag. They're a pair of slippery snakes when you try to corner them. :lol::lol:

Yes, Spenser's hutch is really heavy. I honestly wouldn't be happy even asking my Dad and the other guys in the street to do it (not young and straping enough). One big problem of having Spenser is that he resolutely refuses to toilet anywhere but in the bedroom of his hutch. :? I'm told neutering would help with this, but am sceptical because it is not as if he is pooing and peeing everywhere. He is actually very tidy for an uncastrated buck.

Perhaps he just need a good old dollop of his own poo and wee in a corner tray somewhere where he can smell the scent inside. Dump a little hay in their and i guarentee he'll soon pee in it. This was advice givin to me and it worked a treat :thumb:

:lol: that is a very cheeky look he was giving you :lol: casper does that same look when i catch him digging up the plants almost like there laughing at you :lol: i think he is turning into a house bun susie ;)

:love::love::love:

I'm so glad Alfie and Bubbles are trained to take themselves back off home at the sound of the rattling pellet bag. They're a pair of slippery snakes when you try to corner them. :lol::lol:

Rattling the pellet dish is no good. He will respond to an extended fenugreek crunchie, but with a quick grab and retreat motion. It was just as well I didn't have a pupil this afternoon, although if pushed I don't think he would do much harm if I shut him in the conservatory for an hour.

Have you got a litter tray in his bedroom area? If so you could use that tray in the house as he would be used to using it :D

Wish my bunnies didn't poop in the house, would make my life a whole lot easier :lol:

Have you got a litter tray in his bedroom area? If so you could use that tray in the house as he would be used to using it :D

Wish my bunnies didn't poop in the house, would make my life a whole lot easier :lol:

No, just quite a few layers of newspaper, which I change daily, along with any soiled hay/straw. I tried putting some poos and soiled bedding into his new digging box, which is a low-sided cardboard box from Lidl.

No, just quite a few layers of newspaper, which I change daily, along with any soiled hay/straw. I tried putting some poos and soiled bedding into his new digging box, which is a low-sided cardboard box from Lidl.

Might be worth putting a litter tray in. Will make it easier to keep clean and you can bring it inside with him :)

Back